Old 02-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koliver View Post
"Don't forget the US Treasury FinCEN filing if you are a US resident or citizen with a foreign bank account. "

Now that is just being silly. Google the requirement for a FINCEN filing and you get this:"
  1. the United States person had a financial interest in or signature authority over at least one financial account located outside of the United States; and
  2. the aggregate value of all foreign financial accounts exceeded $10,000 at any time during the calendar year reported."
While we encourage you to spend your $US in Canada, you should be able to do a vacation on your charge cards and $9999.99 or less in cash.

I had not remembered the $10,000 aggregate balance trigger, my bad. Since it is a daily balance, not the amount flowing through, for the purpose discussed here the requirement never needs to be be triggered. Even if you did, the reporting is not burdensome, the only potential burden is the penalty for failing to file.

Island Cessna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:42 PM   #22
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B:

OK for you twice a week......................

Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:13 AM   #23
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Sea-Duction View Post
OK for you twice a week......................
Wifey B: No no no no no...(By the way...where did the nonono smilie go?).

Answer this question and you'll have the answer.
How many days are there in a week?

Actually I just do a light wash some days, just one shampooing, and a full wash, two shampoos, a conditioner, and a fortifying treatment every three days or so. I'll freely admit that long hair is a pain to take care of. But I'm keeping it long. Besides my hubby shampoos it for me. That's our water conservation, sharing the shower.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:40 PM   #24
Guru

That would be water conservation if I had a bigger shower. How do you do on long cruises????? For me a sailor shower every days.........
Old 02-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #25
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Sea-Duction View Post
That would be water conservation if I had a bigger shower. How do you do on long cruises????? For me a sailor shower every days.........
Wifey B: Small shower has it's advantages too. We shower daily regardless which is why we'd be in big trouble without a watermaker. If I had to give up some things on the boat, a whole lot would go before I'd surrender the watermaker. Ok, our Riva is tight and we do sometimes have to shower separately on it.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:28 PM   #26
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Quote:
Wifey B: Small shower has it's advantages too. We shower daily regardless which is why we'd be in big trouble without a watermaker. If I had to give up some things on the boat, a whole lot would go before I'd surrender the watermaker. Ok, our Riva is tight and we do sometimes have to shower separately on it.
Yeah, Florida (and most of eastern USA) is hot and sweaty (and miserable) much of the year. That's why I don't go there willingly. I'm usually good for two/three days sans shower over here.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #27
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
Yeah, Florida (and most of eastern USA) is hot and sweaty (and miserable) much of the year. That's why I don't go there willingly. I'm usually good for two/three days sans shower over here.
Wifey B: Ooooh....hot and sweaty....

I don't know what part of FL you've visited, but South Florida is temperate or at least to us. Never been 100 degrees here. Cool breeze off the ocean. The humidity keeping your skin and and system moist. It's funny how we adjust to different areas. I'd really miss summer living where you do and love it. You have a very short winter and then spring and fall just run together. Nice weather, but never really warm. Meanwhile you'd hate that our 80 degree days in February and the 90 degree days in summer. Just for the record, our high in 2015 was 95 degrees. Nothing like Northern Florida. Orlando had 98, Jacksonville 102.

Even if I wasn't I'd just feel dirty if I ever went three days without a shower.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #28

City: Seattle, WA
Vessel Name: Safe Harbour
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
Visa/Mastercard is accepted at every fuel dock I've stopped at between Olympia and Juneau, including all the marinas in the Broughtons. AMEX is less commonly accepted. Many of the smaller marinas start a tab for you when you arrive. Fuel, meals, moorage, supplies, etc. are all added to the tab and then you settle up at the end.

I like having some emergency cash on board, but I've never needed it. Just about the only time I use cash when cruising is for odds and ends...a cinnamon roll at Meyers Chuck, bread from the bakery boat, a "tip" for the caretaker at Butedale...
Retriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:19 PM   #29
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Quote:

Even if I wasn't I'd just feel dirty if I ever went three days without a shower.
Betcha the humidity makes you feel dirty. It does me.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:56 PM   #30
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Visa/Mastercard is accepted at every fuel dock I've stopped at between Olympia and Juneau, including all the marinas in the Broughtons. AMEX is less commonly accepted. Many of the smaller marinas start a tab for you when you arrive. Fuel, meals, moorage, supplies, etc. are all added to the tab and then you settle up at the end.

I like having some emergency cash on board, but I've never needed it. Just about the only time I use cash when cruising is for odds and ends...a cinnamon roll at Meyers Chuck, bread from the bakery boat, a "tip" for the caretaker at Butedale...
Thanks. This is what I wanted to hear. I was a little distracted by the shower posts....