Placard Placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have them in a couple locations just in case of variances of opinion. I also have a fresh set in a drawer so that it previous opinions were wrong I can whip them out and say "point"....then maybe take a selfie with the inspector and the sign!

Wifey B: A new yacht owner was complaining about the placards on his yacht. He said, "I want my yacht to be like a five star hotel, not with some %^#&# sign on the wall." The builder looked at him a moment and then asked, "When was the last time you stayed in a five star hotel?" He said, "I'd have you know I stayed in one last night." The builder said, "I thought you probably did. Did you not notice the placards on the back of the door with the room rate and the fire instructions and check in and check out times, all on paper stuck in plastic, and not nearly as nice as your placards?" That was the end of the discussion. :lol:

On a real yacht, owners and passengers would never go in places where these placards are required...:)

WifeyB

Ball is in your court!

Can you tell I'm bored?

Re; placards. Ya all know the old marpol pollution placard has been replaced with a new one that meets international standards. I do not flunk a boat with an old placard, but I do give them a new one to paste over the old. I doubt any CG boarding party would sight you for the old placard even if they knew there was a new one which I doubt. Just spreading the word.

OK Scott. Nicely returned by WifeyB.

Here is what I have...got the wow factor from the last boarding team. They had never seen one of these.

But by the time they get to this stuff, we are usually swapping USCG stories so I can keep them distracted... :)

Attachments

• 20170616_080545_001.jpg
    20170616_080545_001.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Nice Scott.

WifeyB is up. ��

Upon opening my eyes I saw this was already hiding in plain sight on the top of the engine hatch.
IMG_0763.jpg

I then purchased the package of three required placards at West Marine because of course they can't sell just the one i need and mounted under the top stair where the trash is enclosed
IMG_0767.jpg

And this morning I had a vessel safety inspection and received this

IMG_0768.jpg

Again, thank you all for your suggestions and comments. I always find it interesting which theads resonate with the group and takeoff; and which don't. Never expected this to capture much attention.

OK Scott. Nicely returned by WifeyB.

Wifey B: Scott and I aren't playing tennis for your benefit, fish man. :)

I know he's right about many as I know owners who haven't stepped into their engine room since the day the boat was delivered. I've seen both placards today on the boat I'm on. :)

And I thought I was the only spectator. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom