Piling Restoration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When they started to clean up LI Sound waters , the first thing that happened was most of the older existing dock structure and pilings departed .

Great work for the piling folks for almost a decade.

Well there are thousands of wood pilings in the Columbia River, many well over 50-100 years old. I have never read a report where piling were the direct or in-direct cause of any pollution and/or fish killings.

You would think if it were that bad, Washington and Oregon would have pulled them long ago. Its BS to justify the jobs at DNR and the EPA.

They were probably treated with creosote...not good but not laced with arsenic or whatever pressure treated is full of these days.

Not positive but on the East Coast, they are using plastic covered pilings but not positive if they are treated somehow below the plastic....the ones where the plastic is scraped, they look like creosote again. I think in certain applications creosote was actually approved again for awhile...not sure if it has been banned again as I haven't seen any laying on the driver barges.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom