Pictures will not load in Trawler app

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TripleGGG

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Perfect Match
Vessel Make
Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge
Anyone else having an issue seeing pictures in the app? I can see a preview, then if I click on the discussion, it shows a download box at 0% then gives me a broken image box.

How to add photos to a post

Click Quick Reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
Click Go Advanced, add text to message window and then scroll down.
Click Manage Attachments. A separate window will pop up.
Click Browse... then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1024 x 1024 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
Click Submit Reply to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

You can also:

Click Post Reply or, if starting a new thread, click New Thread
Click on the paperclip symbol in the top row of the message box. A separate window will pop up.
Click Browse...then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1024 x 1024 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click Submit Reply (if you are replying) or Submit New Thread (if a new discussion) to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

Should have clarified a little better. I can upload photos just fine. I can't see anyone's pictures if I am in the app on my phone.
How to add photos to a post

Click Quick Reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
Click Go Advanced, add text to message window and then scroll down.
Click Manage Attachments. A separate window will pop up.
Click Browse... then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1024 x 1024 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click Submit Reply to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

You can also:

Click Post Reply or, if starting a new thread, click New Thread
Click on the paperclip symbol in the top row of the message box. A separate window will pop up.
Click Browse...then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1024 x 1024 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click Submit Reply (if you are replying) or Submit New Thread (if a new discussion) to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

Should have clarified a little better. I can upload photos just fine. I can't see anyone's pictures if I am in the app on my phone.

It happened to me too. I use the app in my iPad. It may be silly, but after I restarted the iPad (whole shut down and on again) it all came back to normal. Maybe you tried this, I don’t know.

I had restarted my phone but your post made me think. I logged out of the app, restarted my phone, logged back in and voila. Pictures are showing up now. Thanks for the reminder.
It happened to me too. I use the app in my iPad. It may be silly, but after I restarted the iPad (whole shut down and on again) it all came back to normal. Maybe you tried this, I don’t know.

I had restarted my phone but your post made me think. I logged out of the app, restarted my phone, logged back in and voila. Pictures are showing up now. Thanks for the reminder.

I’m glad it worked out.

This problem suddenly happened to me today on iPhone. After entering a thread, I could see image placeholders but they images would not load. Tried forcing app closed and opened, did not work. Logged out, closed app, logged in, did not work.

Delete app from iphone and reinstall it, this worked, yea!

Frankly, I don't know why anyone bothers trying to access the forum on a phone, the images and fonts are so small, I don't use anything smaller than an iPad, and I use the browser, as I find the app wanting in most functions anyway.
I must be an old fuddy-duddy, but for the life of me I can't understand the way so many want to do everything on tiny phones.

This problem suddenly happened to me today on iPhone. After entering a thread, I could see image placeholders but they images would not load. Tried forcing app closed and opened, did not work. Logged out, closed app, logged in, did not work.

Delete app from iphone and reinstall it, this worked, yea!
I've had similar experience on Android but found if I go to settings, apps, TF, storage... and clear the cache the pics load. Less hassle than a complete un/reinstall.

Back
Top Bottom