Pickwick State Park Marine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sammy999

We are bringing our boat up from Florida this spring and are thinking of docking it at Pickwick State Park Marina in TN. Does anyone have any comments good or bad regarding the marina and surrounding area? Thanks!

Travel another 3 days and stay at Paris Landing State Park . New manager nice guy . Not nearly as crowded as Pickwick . At Paris Landing you're only a days run to Green Turtle Bay . Plus we are here .:)

We are bringing our boat up from Florida this spring and are thinking of docking it at Pickwick State Park Marina in TN. Does anyone have any comments good or bad regarding the marina and surrounding area? Thanks!

Part of it depends on where you're headed, how long you're going to leave it there and whether you'll be there with it. If leaving it for some time and not being there with it, I'd suggest Aqua Yacht Harbor or even Bay Springs. They simply have more people to pay attention to the boat and/or if you need service, Aqua can handle it. However, if living on the boat, Pickwick is a better choice. Now, Pack Mule's suggestion is good if heading up to Lake Kentucky. The Lake has nice state parks too. If headed east on the Tennessee, then Wheeler is great. For a smaller marina on Lake Pickwick, Florence Harbor is also nice.

Will you be flying or driving back and forth?

Can't say enough good things about grand harbor Marina. $1.25 per foot transient. Courtesy vans, great docks, etc. right around the corner from state park.

I wouldn't hesitate to leave my boat there.

Arch

We spent the summer of 13 at Aqua Harbor Marina and for value it was great especially with covered slips.
The state park is good as long as you don't carry a lot of draft and you will definitely need a car, but the vehicle is probably needed at all of the three marinas
This area has some amazing cruising grounds and this was one of our favorite areas in the whole Great Loop trip.
Enjoy you will love all that fresh water and side trips and easy cruising.

Gerald

Yes, I just pulled the trigger on a 2002, 390, single Cat. 3126 Mainship after 2-1/2 years of searching. It is located in Pompano Beach Fl.

My plan is to bring it via the Okechobee to Fort Myers, Fort Myers to Mobile, Mobile Al. To Pickwick Lake via the Tennessee Tom and on to Knoxville Tn. Where it will make home..

I am we'll rounded in air plane pilot, Scuba, Electrical Contracting and construction but not navigating the ICW. With that said I am looking for a pilot or some one with experience to join my wife and I on leg from Ft. Myers to Mobile Al. I can be reached via this site or 423-823-0155.

ANYONE INTERESTED?????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom