Photo of boat with tow hitch for orange dinghy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Panhandler

Vessel Name
Sea Triscuit
Vessel Make
Transtar 50'
A while ago I saw a thread with photos of a trawler that towed an orange colored dinghy/tender with some kind of tow hitch setup. If I recall the tender attached right to the back of the trawler. Anyone know what I'm talking about and could you point me towards the thread or more info? I've tried searching to no avail. Thank you!

Attachments

• 36 Krogen Manatee.jpg
    36 Krogen Manatee.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 167
  • y4.jpg
    y4.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 180
Panhandler - i have traveled this road and found the attached link.
Towdster In-Water Towing Device
They have several products for varying applications, i chose the one shown on the homepage link, the V version.
We have a 8kt 38 ft cruiser that does not plane.
This is a positive control system that will control the towed vessel.
I installed a redundant automatic bilge pump for my peace of mind. The dink tows about 8 ft back and i can adjust this to keep her on the back side of the wake. It works well.
I am towing a 13 ft Boston Whaler with a Yahama 30.

http://towdster.com/assets/images/mvc-142x-copycyan.png

Bob

I have seen a 50' +- boat with a fifth wheel trailer hitch mounted on the swim step and the matching mount on the bow of a 20' AL tender. They just run the tender on to the hitch and latch it.

Fred P...........

I have seen a 50' +- boat with a fifth wheel trailer hitch mounted on the swim step and the matching mount on the bow of a 20' AL tender. They just run the tender on to the hitch and latch it.

Fred P...........

You know you're a redneck when.....

Panhandler - i have traveled this road and found the attached link.
Towdster In-Water Towing Device
They have several products for varying applications, i chose the one shown on the homepage link, the V version.
We have a 8kt 38 ft cruiser that does not plane.
This is a positive control system that will control the towed vessel.
I installed a redundant automatic bilge pump for my peace of mind. The dink tows about 8 ft back and i can adjust this to keep her on the back side of the wake. It works well.
I am towing a 13 ft Boston Whaler with a Yahama 30.

http://towdster.com/assets/images/mvc-142x-copycyan.png

Bob
BinkleyBoat,

Thanks, I've been wondering about a system like that. Do you have any photos of yours in action? Any problems with it? How does it do in chop or 2-3's? We would be towing a 14' Twin Vee with a 40hp, a very similar setup to yours.

Thanks

I have seen that boat, and the fifth wheel is SS. Must have been a little pricey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom