Permission to come aboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Apache II
Vessel Make
1974 Donald Jones
I have been out of touch with civilzation. Things haven't worked exactly as planed

The Admirals health has Brought us back to the mainland.

So with you'd permission I sure would like to come aboard and sit a spell
mug up and tell a few.

SD

Last edited:
Sorry about the health trouble.

But welcome back SD. We left the light on for you.

Thank you kindly skip.

It is all right. We have been dealing with this for nigh on to 20 years now.

It was great. A couple of months to ourselves on a little island in Prince William Sound.

Savor the good times.

SD

Welcome back on board, 'dude!!

There's an open chair and table where Marin used to sit. Make yourself comfortable, but you might need to clean the place up a bit and replace the keyboard. There was a lot of sweat in that area as the final few posts were used up.

Alot of new crew since you were here last. Good guys...most of 'em. Some old timers (who shall remain nameless) think one of them is Frenchie masquerading as a newbie.

I hope the Admiral is OK. Our best wishes for her.

Now, when are you going to tell us your story of life as Robinson Crusoe in Alaska? Inquiring minds want to know.

Welcome back! Can't wait to read more of your posts!

Welcome back SD.
Sorry to hear about the Bosses health problems.
Well at least you guys got out and gave it a shot.
Cheers
Benn

Good to see you back! Sorry about the wife's health. Hope the time on the island enjoyable and peaceful.

Ted

Greetings,
Yup, sit and chill....

popcorn.gif

Now, when are you going to tell us your story of life as Robinson Crusoe in Alaska? Inquiring minds want to know.
Ditto! I have been wondering about your wilderness saga ever since you left. Welcome back!

Dude, it's good to have you back. You have been missed. Sorry the island life didn't work out, but you guys are survivors. Please catch us up on the goings on during your absence. Welcome back.

Welcome back. In your spare time we'd love to see pics and tales of your time on that small island. That's something many of us dream doing and would live to live vicariously through your posts.

Not much to tell.
A cabin in the woods.
An out house, A rain catchment system and a place to anchor the boat.

sd

Not much to tell.
A cabin in the woods.
An out house, A rain catchment system and a place to anchor the boat.

sd

Dam sounds perfect to me ! just what I want to do if I ever grow up. Good on you. Gave it a go.

Nice to see you here!:thumb:

How are the engine repairs holding up?

What happened while I was out?
Let me think.
I hit the bottom of the ocean last weekend.

I was up fishing for shrimp by Harriman glacier and a strong easterly came on us. we were just off the glacial moraine running the gear the wind was at about 30 knots and a good sea was building. I had to get the pots up or risk loosing them I had her in gear at idle just to try and keep the bow into the waves.
All at once there was a bang and suddenly I was listing so hard to port I started loosing gear over the side.
My mate ran to the bow to see what we hit but because of the silt the water is a uniform gray in color.
You can't see 3 inches deep let alone the 3'6" the boat draws.
The next wave and we were dead still just looking at each other.
Another wave and we went over the hump and into deeper water.
with a sickening grating noise. I put her in gear and soon felt a vibration so I know I dinked the prop.
I know a nice sandy beached cove not far from port. So this weekend I plan on running aground again. This time on purpose so as to check the damage.

I didn't take on any water so I think it will just be the prop.

I'll let you know on Monday.

Sd

Welcome Home SkipperDude!!

Not much to tell.
A cabin in the woods.
An out house, A rain catchment system and a place to anchor the boat.sd
Sounds good, but not if ill health intervenes. Welcome back.

The Admiral has taken the last cruise. She passed on Wednesday evening at 7:15 pm.

For those of you who have known me over the years I wanted to say thanks for you support and advise.

You have been a family of fellow boaters.

You can't have to much family.

Sd

Oh, jeez. That is a punch in the gut! My most sincere condolences.

The Admiral has taken the last cruise. She passed on Wednesday evening at 7:15 pm.

For those of you who have known me over the years I wanted to say thanks for you support and advise.

You have been a family of fellow boaters.

You can't have to much family.

Sd

So sorry, SD. My condolences to you and the family. She must have been a special person, as were you in the way you cared for her.

Sir,

I am new here, and have never had the pleasure of knowing you or reading your adventures, but judging from those here that do and their responses, I can only assume the character of the man.

This comment sums it up for me:

So sorry, SD. My condolences to you and the family. She must have been a special person, as were you in the way you cared for her.

My heartfelt condolences to you. May you rest comfortably knowing that you took care of the one you loved, and may she forever rest in peace.

OD

So sorry, SD. You can be sure that your "family" here on Trawler Forum will support you. Vickie and I personally send our condolences. These boats are so trivial...

Last edited:
Oh Gosh!! SD I just saw your post!! I want to add my heartfelt condolences for your loss.

Please keep in touch with us. . . . . We’re here for you dude!

Thanks everyone the funeral is today at 3:00.

If I make it Thur this I hope I can get a sort of life together.

lots of questions running Thur my mind. the biggest. Now what.

Sorry waiting to go to the funeral trying to keep my mind occupied.
This is probably not the best thing to be doing but I sure enjoyed the forum while she was with me. I will check back in on Monday the rest of the weekend will be full of friends and family.

You never really know how people feel about things till something like this happens.
I really never knew how many friends I had.
'
SD

Our sincerest condolences my brother. You'll be in a great many folks' thoughts and prayers.

John 11:25

Damn... so sad for you. There's never enough time, is there? :(

I'm sorry for your loss and hope you can find strength in the good times and happy memories.

Add my name to the list of support!!!!!!
Ted
in Campbell River, B.C.

Back
Top Bottom