Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #21
Guru

City: Bellingham, WA
Vessel Name: Happy Destiny
Vessel Model: Custom Lobster Yacht
RE: Passagemaker gets (yet another) remake

Quote:
Doc wrote:

I finally got logged in only to find that the forum was "coming soon".
Likewise. From what I did see on the new site, I can't say my expectations are very high. Just locating the forum was a pain in the A--.*

Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #22
Grand Vizier

Quote:
Conrad wrote:

DavidM wrote:

Where is the forum?

David
If you go to Community and then Member benefits you get a list of the benefits which include "Post in our user forums (coming soon!)"

So we'll see.

Anytime you bury a function under 5 layers of navigation it tells you that one or both of two things are true.* 1.* The site was designed by someone's 16 year old nephew, or 2.* That don't give a rat's rear end whether you find it or not.

Take your choice.

Delfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #23
Guru

City: Calgary
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001

Quote:
Delfin wrote:

Conrad wrote:

DavidM wrote:

Where is the forum?

David
If you go to Community and then Member benefits you get a list of the benefits which include "Post in our user forums (coming soon!)"

So we'll see.

Anytime you bury a function under 5 layers of navigation it tells you that one or both of two things are true.* 1.* The site was designed by someone's 16 year old nephew, or 2.* That don't give a rat's rear end whether you find it or not.

Take your choice.

You may well be right although the eternal optimist in me thinks that once the forum goes live it will be prominently featured.

But we'll see.

Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #24
Guru

Quote:
FF wrote:

OF course the log in password given doesnt work.
*Mine either. Oh well, I hadn't been there for a long time anyway.
2bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #25
Guru

City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44

nor mine
koliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #26

I had problems with my new password but after a couple tries it finally did work.
cyril444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #27
Guru

A caution...I just happened to go into my account at the new PMM site, and they had a completely unknown e-mail id there for me, even though they'd originally contacted me with a new PW etc using my correct id.*Meaning, of course, that it would be possible for them to send personal info to someone else, not that I have anything particularly personal for them to use anyway.
I tried using their contact link to inform them, but of course it didn't work.
Deja vu...
Old 02-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #28
Guru

Sure is interesting that PM chose to invite all of us old members back, before they even finished the site. Stupid if you ask me. I logged in with the newly assigned password, and then did a twenty minute search to find out how to change that password to one more intuitive to my memory.*

Conrad wrote:

You may well be right although the eternal optimist in me thinks that once the forum goes live it will be prominently featured.

Conrad
Yes, I'm afraid your optimist is working overtime. I believe it will remain where it is.
Just the pessimist in me speaking.* Or can we say realist?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #29
Guru

Vessel Name: Anastasia III
Vessel Model: Krogen 42

That web site is just tragically funny. Grand opening, except it doesn't work. Again.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #30
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B

Quote:
Penta wrote:
...I was told by a group that being the owner of a converted commercial fish boat did not give me the right to express opinions on a yachting forum. It was apparent that my experiences were not able to be converted into real yachting experiences.

I have been a member of both forums for some time, PMM first, and Penta's post above seems so contrary to all that the magazine and the forum stood for, I have to put it to him, seriously, is it possible he was talking about some other yachting forum, and has the names confused...?* I just can't believe he would have received that response from PMM forum.* It is a mag and a forum which started out all about trawlers, not yachts.* Sure, it lost its way because of poor support, especially one Bill Parletore sold out, but they tried to stay true to the original concept.

If they are trying again, I wish them luck, there's room in the Inn, as they say, but I won't hold my breath, especially as I have yet to receive my new username and password.* I rather liked the one I had.* I wonder why they felt the need to do that, for a start.* Sadly, it has not been a good start from what others has posted above, it would seem.
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #31
Guru

Quote:
Carey wrote:

Sure is interesting that PM chose to invite all of us old members back, before they even finished the site. Stupid if you ask me. I logged in with the newly assigned password, and then did a twenty minute search to find out how to change that password to one more intuitive to my memory.

Conrad wrote:

Conrad
Yes, I'm afraid your optimist is working overtime. I believe it will remain where it is.
Just the pessimist in me speaking.* Or can we say realist?

I'm afraid my optimism was misplaced as you suggest Carey. A week after its launch the PMM site continues to be nothing more than a billboard for advertising. Too bad, as there was a time, a long time ago, when it was a vibrant, interesting place to visit, to exchange ideas, and to learn from.

As a big fan of the Trawlerforum, I was not looking for a replacement, but rather another venue for sharing ideas when the topics on this board weren't currently of interest. (Yes, once in a while I find not everything here stirs my soul. But only once in a while!)
Old 03-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #32
Guru

Quote:
Conrad wrote:
As a big fan of the Trawlerforum, I was not looking for a replacement, but rather another venue for sharing ideas when the topics on this board weren't currently of interest. (Yes, once in a while I find not everything here stirs my soul. But only once in a while!)
ConradYou are not alone. You'll see me come and go on TF, simply because I am not interested in flogging the anchor selection process to death. And you won't find me on the electrical threads either, as it's not my bag. I have the number of a quality professional marine electrician. We might drop in on Passagemaker in a year or two if they get their act together on their forum, but I won't lose any sleep over it if they don't.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #33

City: Sidney, BC
Vessel Name: Penta
Vessel Model: 36' 1961 Sather ex-Gill Netter

Peter B ; I am not confusing the lists, I had been a "member" of TandT for some years when this all took place. I think it was actually a case of one individual red neck sounding off and then a whole bunch of little "me too's" yapping along at his heals. It went on escalating to the point where I was getting private e-mails telling me that they agreed with the initial group and at that point I pulled the plug.
I will say that one moderater and several members tried to talk me into staying on but I was so damned upset with the general attitudes that I just left and have not considered returning as I get far more enjoyment and information from this group that I found over there.
I have said my piece and lets just forget it - maybe I should not have brought it up in the first place but even so lets not drag it any further.
John Tones* "Penta"
Sidney, BC
Penta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #34

City: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Vessel Model: I have keys to lots of boats...

After posting on PMM for the last 7years it is time I stopped lurking here and to say hello to the all of you here who used to be on PMM. I went to the PMM site and could not easlily find the forum, I have not been inclined to go back. I guess I will be reading here during ny lunch breaks and hoping to add some knowledge from my viewpoint as a broker.
yachtbrokerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #35
Guru

City: Whittier AK
Vessel Name: Apache II
Vessel Model: 1974 Donald Jones

Welcome aboard.

Glad to have you. I'm sure you expertise will come in handy.

SD
skipperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #36
JD
Guru

City: New Bern NC
Vessel Name: Stella Di Mare
Vessel Model: Mainship 34t

Quote:
yachtbrokerguy wrote:

After posting on PMM for the last 7years it is time I stopped lurking here and to say hello to the all of you here who used to be on PMM. I went to the PMM site and could not easlily find the forum, I have not been inclined to go back. I guess I will be reading here during ny lunch breaks and hoping to add some knowledge from my viewpoint as a broker.
Finally!* Hope all is well.

JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #37
Guru

On PMM's Channels newletter site I gave them some feedback on their new website, and among other things they said:*

"Thank you for taking the time to comment. The Forums are not running yet because we are not satisfied with the user interface - they will go back up soon."
Old 03-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #38
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356

Quote:
yachtbrokerguy wrote:

Welcome aboard!!!!

And is there something we are missing here???

Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #39
Guru

City: Mooloolaba
Vessel Name: Tidahapah
Vessel Model: Bert Ellis Timber motor cruiser

Tucker,
I thought you would never come over.
When i used to go back to PMM now and again I would see you still being faithfull and posting away.
Good to have you over.

Benn
Tidahapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #40
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48

Good to see you here Tucker. Now for a question - what are sold boat prices doing now say as compared to about 12 months ago? If you have any thoughts for pricing direction for Selenes and Nordhavns that would be appreciated.

sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote