Parks bought a new boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigsfish

Guru
Vessel Name
Gotcha
Vessel Make
Grand Banks. Heritage. 54
Rumor has it that Parks has bought a new boat or is buying a new 31 like the one lost in the hurricane. Congrats Parks. I know a great place to outfit your new to you, boat. I hope your bringing it to Ft Pierce in Feb. we can all celebrate. Cheers.

Rumor has it that Parks has bought a new boat or is buying a new 31 like the one lost in the hurricane. Congrats Parks. I know a great place to outfit your new to you, boat. I hope your bringing it to Ft Pierce in Feb. we can all celebrate. Cheers.

:ermm:

I think he bought a 31 Ellis from Ellis that they were selling for the owner, but that is just rumor.

Rumors rumors... let's Park live its life and he will tell us, if he wants, the day he will want.

:)
L

Jack (Steve) if we can get him to Ft Pierce you may have to share some PBR with him. LMAO

My pleasure Jack (Steve), that what I heard in the store today. I didn’t hear it from Parks but he was in the store yesterday.

See you in February. Watfa has some good eats planned for Saturday night and lots of booze.

Jack (Steve) if we can get him to Ft Pierce you may have to share some PBR with him. LMAO

Wait a dog gone minute there. Did you just say Steve drinks PBR?

Just my luck. I just offered him a room in my AirBnB house rental. I wish I knew this earlier.

I only drink two types of beer...Budweiser and free beer! I like PBR but don't know how the stigma got attached..

It’s true. He drinks free beer!

Interesting that I don’t have to find PBR now, Bud is a lot easier to track down. Thanks for the new info.

Jack (Steve). I believe that rumor was started by Baker who drinks anything. LOL

Jack (Steve) you can bet Wendy has him by is very SHORT leash.

I know you don’t expect free beer you showed up last year with your own supply. If you know me well I like to be generous as long as it’s not expected or presumed that’s why Watfa is doing Saturday night on our boat but she will be better prepared with more stuff to eat and drink. LMAO

Speaking of PBR:

There once was a gal from Anheuser that thought that no man could surprise her,
Pabst took a chance but he Shlitz-ed in his pants,
And now he is sadder Budweiser

Hang on guys, I haven't bought a boat, I just lust for one I can't afford.
Ellis has a 32 listed with their brokerage that would make me very happy.
Problem is it's about sixty grand more than I'm comfortable spending!
I like that there is little exterior wood and lots of interior wood. Don't know anything about that engine.
Here is a link, tell me what you think.
https://ellisboatbrokerage.com/ellis-32-flybridge-cruiser-32003/

There was also talk at my store about a 31 Bertram. I've always liked them but I want something with more living quarters inside. (I've got to stop calling it my store.)

I like that there is little exterior wood and lots of interior wood. Don't know anything about that engine.

There was also talk at my store about a 31 Bertram. I've always liked them but I want something with more living quarters inside. (I've got to stop calling it my store.)

Darn nice looking boat! Darn costly too. IMO... there are better deals on the market. Some with lots more creature comforts and better cruising capabilities. Good Luck Parks! BTW - It will always be your store far as I'm concerned!! :thumb:

That 32 looks great. The hull is shining bright on the trailer pic!

As to the Bertram 31, I climbed all over one in Cape Cod last summer. I love the classic lines and the proven hull design. I actually seriously considered it before I bought the Camano.

My biggest gripes were the big twins and smaller salon size. It's essentially a fishing rig w/ a big cockpit. Although I know that folks cruise on them too (there's a blue hulled 31 Bertram that I've seen around Boston Harbor this year , NOT fishing).

Very cool boat though! From the good ole days!

Boats For Sale - Brewer Onset Bay Marina

That 32 looks great. The hull is shining bright on the trailer pic!

As to the Bertram 31, I climbed all over one in Cape Cod last summer. I love the classic lines and the proven hull design. I actually seriously considered it before I bought the Camano.

My biggest gripes were the big twins and smaller salon size. It's essentially a fishing rig w/ a big cockpit. Although I know that folks cruise on them too (there's a blue hulled 31 Bertram that I've seen around Boston Harbor this year , NOT fishing).

Very cool boat though! From the good ole days!

Boats For Sale - Brewer Onset Bay Marina

The Bertram is out for the reasons you have stated. I'm not interested in offshore fishing.

A Camano is on my list as a possibility. I love the huge flying bridge.

My wife and I chartered a Grand Banks 36 many years ago and loved it. Too much exterior teak for me to take care of.

Speaking of PBR:

There once was a gal from Anheuser that thought that no man could surprise her,
Pabst took a chance but he Shlitz-ed in his pants,
And now he is sadder Budweiser

Lol, Steves never heard that on before,very clever!

The Bertram is out for the reasons you have stated. I'm not interested in offshore fishing.

A Camano is on my list as a possibility. I love the huge flying bridge.

My wife and I chartered a Grand Banks 36 many years ago and loved it. Too much exterior teak for me to take care of.

GB36s are getting affordable. Consider removing the teak deck and glassing. I’m close to doing that soon, I think. Occasionally a GB36 comes up with SS hand rails, which eliminate a ton of varnishing. Some folks paint over the teak rails, leaving the original finish to be restored by the next owner, should they choose to go that route.

Parks

You know the maker and know it’s a good boat so make an offer for $125,000.00 and see what happens. Spend some of that insurance money and some of the HopCar sales money and enjoy life, no kids to worry about so treat Parks to some fun in retirement. Go for it.

Al and Art, good suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.
Ray, I do love the GB, but removing the teak deck is more of a project than I want to get into.

Rumors and fish sizes embellished on the dock always ends up being accompanied by alcohol, like what happened on this thread. just sayin,,, :<}

Parks

You know the maker and know it’s a good boat so make an offer for $125,000.00 and see what happens. Spend some of that insurance money and some of the HopCar sales money and enjoy life, no kids to worry about so treat Parks to some fun in retirement. Go for it.

You know I was thinking just that. The worst that can happen is they'll say no.

And they will probably counter. I would think this time of year boats up north don’t move fast. You may get lucky and I hope you do.

Back
Top Bottom