Page Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stillwater

Vessel Name
Capt. Hyler
Vessel Make
Higgins Coastal Cargo Tug
Why is it today I have to re-login when I select a new page or reply to a comment? Sometimes there are so many cookies loaded I have a "too many redirects" when I do try to log in?

When I select another forum or thread, I am asked to log in again. I have tried this on firefox and chrome with the same result.

I tried disabling my symantec and it still fails. This does not happen with any other pages. Just Trawler Forum.

Sounds like you need to get rid of some cookies. There are programs to do that,incl free ones. The improvement can be surprising,and not doing it might leave you exposed to some risks.

If you're traveling, and then depending on where you are, sometimes you have to select the "Remember Me" or "Stay Logged In" check box. Something about how some access points work differently than others.

Drove me crazy when we were traveling, since I'd never had to check those boxes before... one of the moderators, either here or on cruisesrforum, got me squared away.

-Chris

I used the free version of WinUtilities which is available in numerous places online. Finally upgraded to the "Pro" version a few years ago but the free one will clean the system nicely. No relationship with the company, just a pretty satisfied user. You can also clean cookies in your browser settings. Each browser a little different. Sometimes a simple reboot will help out as well.

Back
Top Bottom