Pacific Mariner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken E.

Guru
Vessel Name
Hatt Trick
Vessel Make
45' Hatteras Convertible
A Seattle boat dealer is advertising that it is now representing Northern Marine yachts. NP has been pretty quiet since Baaden fell over on its side while being launched at Anacortes a couple years ago. Northern Marine's website is thin on details about current ownership, models offered, services available. Anyone know what's going on with them?

Last edited:
Just for clarification - Northern Marine was/is the company in Anacortes that had the controversial incident with the yacht being launched. North Pacific Yachts is a firm based in British Columbia and builds their boats in China. Pacific Mariner once had a yard in La Conner, WA and were primarily operated out of West Port, WA. No relationship between the three firms.

Last edited:
Just for clarification - Northern Marine was/is the company in Anacortes that had the controversial incident with the yacht being launched. North Pacific Yachts is a firm based in British Columbia and builds their boats in China. Pacific Mariner once had a yard in La Conner, WA and were primarily operated out of West Port, WA. No relationship between the three firms.

And to my knowledge, no such thing as Northern Pacific Yachts so if one is representing them, he's representing a new company and line.

Sorry ...I meant Northern Marine. I've edited my original post. My apologies.

Sorry ...I meant Northern Marine. I've edited my original post. My apologies.

Then why is Pacific Mariner your title?

As to Northern Marine, the new owner died in a fatal bicycle accident. Others trying to keep going and last I heard they were infusing the hull of a 57' in June but had no deposit, no sale on it. So, this iteration of Northern Marine has never sold a boat. The one owner did build one boat at another builder they owned and last I knew it was still on the market. Last Northern Marine delivered to a customer was built in 2012 I believe.

So, it's like buying from a new builder that may or may not survive. Now, they may be further along on the boat they were building to spec and might be able to buy it. How it will be is anyone's guess.

Back
Top Bottom