Ours on Dec 27th - I'm excited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Medic

Vessel Name
Mimi's Oasis
Vessel Make
North Pacific 49
We close on our new (to us) boat on December 27th in Ft. Myers, FL. If you would like to see it go to <NorthPacificYachts.com> and click on <49' Pilothouse>. The boat used on their site is the actual boat we are buying, named Exhale. My wife is Mimi to our grandkids so the boat will be Mimi's Oasis. I got the boat, Nancy got the name. Great deal. On January 15th a good friend and I will move the boat to Shelter Cove Marina in South Caroline. Shelter Cove will be home port for at least a year. :dance:

That's awesome, congratulations and happy and safe travels.:dance:

Well that's a nice Christmas present to yourselves!

Congrats!

Awesome boat. Best of luck with her.

Very nice Boat, really like that pilot house, enjoy her!

Great boat which I know you will have great times on. Merry Christmas.

Remarkable boat! Congratulations on the best Christmas ever. We are enjoying Fort Myers right now as well, but not as much as you are!

Congrats! Great time of the year to really put down some miles under her. No real crowds.

Cheers!

Congrats on the boat. We spent a season at Shelter Cove on Hilton Head. Great base from which to explore the low country.

Santa Loves Ya!! Really nice boat... Happy New Year!

Congratulations! Nice looking boat. Merry Christmas and enjoy the ride to your new home port.

Thank you for sharing that nice Christmas story. I wish you many happy, healthy, and love filled years aboard that fine looking vessel. Sounds like you are heading into a rather "sweet spot" in your life.

If you are a troll, what bridge do you live under?

If you are not, please know that I have been asking myself the same question in my search for a new boat. Where are you? What are you looking for? What is your budget? How long do you plan to own the boat? Do you work on your own boat, and if so, what is your level of experience with these materials?

I am surprised how little regard the steel boats seem to get from experienced people on this forum. Many of whom have not owned a steel trawler, but seem to have worked on steel boats at some point in their past. A newer steel boat covered in modern coatings and used in fresh water would be of far less concern to me than an older one used in salt. My area is filled with steel tug boats form the teens and twenties. (fresh water) (thick plate). My area is also filled with moisture damaged composite trawlers from the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

You can hear many opinions good and bad regarding all materials used in boat construction. If you answer the questions I asked you might get more useful responses. You also may not. Bill

It looks like you posted this in the wrong thread... steel vs fibreglass post?

Medic,
Congrats on the new (to you) North Pacific. Trevor and Co. do a good job on producing a very nice looking boat! I am sure you will really enjoy her. North Pacific were on our short list when we were boat shopping.

Yes, please do post some pics.
Merry Christmas to you and your family, and all of the other TF members!!

Congrats! We love our 45.

Congrats,, Grant. Hope to see you in SC.

Congratulations! That's a fine ship you've got there!

We close on our new (to us) boat on December 27th in Ft. Myers, FL. If you would like to see it go to <NorthPacificYachts.com> and click on <49' Pilothouse>. The boat used on their site is the actual boat we are buying, named Exhale. My wife is Mimi to our grandkids so the boat will be Mimi's Oasis. I got the boat, Nancy got the name. Great deal. On January 15th a good friend and I will move the boat to Shelter Cove Marina in South Caroline. Shelter Cove will be home port for at least a year. :dance:

Are you dead set on Shelter Cove Marina? If you are not commited I would recommend looking at Windmill Harbour. It is a locked harbor on the North end of Calibogue sound about 30 minutes from Port Royal sound. Being behind a lock has many advantages. No tide or current and your bottom paint will go 3 years with regular cleaning. It's the closest thing to a hurricane hole you will find on the southeast coast. Shelter Cove is a nice place but it takes forever to get to the sound. At your draft you will be limited by the tide getting out at Brams Point. If the water is low it's another long ride behind Buck Island to get out. Boaters new to our area don't all realize we have a 6-8 foot tide twice a day. At least look at Windmill.

Yes, I have looked at a few here in Seattle and they look very nice. Congrats!

Beautiful boat - love the layout. You will really appreciate the pilothouse if you sail singlehanded or short crewed. (I always sailed singlehanded, no matter how many people were on the boat.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom