Our search so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

folivier

So far we've looked at 40' Mainship DC, older Bertram 42' DC, Hatteras 40' & 43' DC, Californian 43' CPMY for our budget of $50k.
Not denying the higher quality of Hatteras we like the layout of the Mainship and especially the Californian with cockpit. Unfortunately the Californian was full of wood rot under each window and smelled of mold pretty badly.
Our top choice would be a nice 43' Californian CPMY or similar with cockpit. If we can't find one then the Mainship is a close 2nd. We like the room in the Mainship and the 2 side doors along with the lower helm.
So if anyone knows of something for sale preferably along the Gulf Coast or up the Tombigbee please pass along the info.
There are a couple we found on Craigslist in Florida but not ready to make a 10-12 hour drive just yet. Might be asking if anyone can do a look-see for us first, unless our broker knows someone in the area.
(We are working with a buyers broker and spoke at length about a FSBO and feel that we can involve him with putting a sale together)
So there we are. We've narrowed down our wants/must haves so now just looking for the right one.

When we bought the eagle there was rot under the four salon sliding Windows which was non structural support. I cut out and replaced the wood, epoxy new structure and at the same time replaced with dark safety glass. The hardest was taking the teak frame a part without breaking damage. I saved the old wood to use as templates for new. Its much like repair replacing plaster board in a house except you use epoxy instead of plaster. Not that difficult.

We liked the California with the large salon window for plenty of day light. The large salon window is what we like about the eagle. Shot if I a yuppie metro sexual can do it it can't be that hard. Oh, I did ruin a set of cloths and a manicure several times. :flowers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom