Our first organized cruise of the year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:nonono::nonono::nonono: I don't understand that. It's not my idea of boating. Don't need a boat to get drunk. That's one of many reasons we don't belong to a group as with so many it just seems it's way too much centered around drinking. Just not for me. We drink but not really while cruising. Mostly celebratory with just each other, jacuzzi, champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries, more berries, fruit and maybe some small bites of protein on toothpicks. Three or four times a year maybe. But cruising to bars has zero appeal to me. :confused:

I second that. :thumb:

Wifey B: No....no no no....that's the mentality we have to teach the kids not to have. You're never obligated to do what the group does. They can go get drunk, you can drink water or go for a walk. If they deem that to be anti-social then to h... with them. :mad: Please say no to the crowd mentality.

But if that's their interest, then it's best to go alone. We take our friends with us.

I second that attitude also... :thumb:

I remember once going out after work one Friday night, (you know, back in the olden days when Friday was literally the last day of the working week), with 2 co-workers to a local watering hole in Dunedin, NZ. We each got what I think you folk would call a schooner of beer, and two us us were sipping ours and enjoying them while chatting about the week's events, when we noticed the third member of the group was skulling his like there was no tomorrow. Sort of in unison, we asked him how on earth he could even taste his beer, drinking it down that fast? His response was to say..."Taste it...we're not here to taste it, we're here to get p*ssed aren't we. To which we both said no, and no thanks, and shamed him into slowing down. He later became an alcoholic...:non ono:

Sorry, thread hijack over, back to enjoying group outings...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom