Only on the Great Lakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hfoster

Guru
Vessel Name
Irishland
Vessel Make
Chris Craft Corinthian 380
She's going to have a tough sled to get back to Wisconsin. Both Erie & St.Clair for all purposes are frozen completely along with the rivers to Huron. Not sure the level of coverage on Huron or Michigan.
This is two years in a row of this.
We continued to rise through fall, now with this freeze.
My guess is we're headed to record levels for this coming summer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Trawler

Mbevin

I agree with you 100%. :thumb: She is going to have one rough run trying to make it back home that is for sure. They should just lay Her up in Cleveland for rest of the winter and give the Skipper and the crew a break. In any case, She sure is one tough Boat! :thumb:

Cheers and Happy cruising to you.

H. Foster

You as well
Stay warm if you're up North.

Thanks for the tip on the article.
I originally hail from Conneaut. You can see why I left for warmer climes many years ago.

Hard to believe she will try to make that run north with another blow coming next week.

My money says that USCG shuts that run down till they allow it.

Worlds biggest skating rinks. No need for boats this year, were it not for the ice castles you could drive across the lakes from the US to Canada. So much for border check points.

Thanks for the tip on the article.
I originally hail from Conneaut. You can see why I left for warmer climes many years ago.

Hard to believe she will try to make that run north with another blow coming next week.

Wow small world there Jim. :socool:

You may get a kick out of this. Penny Dock, Turkey Creak, the party sand dunes out near the break wall, Kingsville, Ashtabula and I am sure you will remember the White Turkey just to name a few.

Cheer and Happy Cruising to you.

H. Foster

Back
Top Bottom