One step closer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeybadger

Vessel Name
HoneyBadger
Vessel Make
1990 Harkers Island Trawler Typical wooden hull with a Carolina flare and no deadrise at the stern
As of yesterday i have finished the wheel house 90% finished the galley 90% flooring is ready to go in when i finish the Head and the Sleeping berth. removed all the through hulls below the water line except the two i needed, replaced them with all new hardware and backer boards,Found the Zinc i was looking for under the boat it was painted with ( 4 or 5 ) coats of paint but you could still make out " do not paint printed on it" Found where the Zinc was on the Shoe? missing in action i have no idea? Finished plumbing the head and built the shower sump yesterday. I is looking like i may have this 12 MPH screamer finished before the season is over !!!!! i keep posting photos on my profile as i have issues with getting them to post on threads.:dance:

show/tell us about your shower sump. Mine needs a redux as the flimsy plastic box is all distorted just from the weight of the hose going through the side!

The season never really ends, it just migrates south. Surely you'll get her wet before next spring? Congrats on a job soon-to-be well done.

Thanks Rambler yea i went south 2 years in a row to Stuart great weather in Jan and feb. Twiisted i used a nail pail for a form , Glassed it from the outside and made a flange on the edges on wax paper and cardboard, i will take some photos of it monday and post them, it has 4 layers of cloth plenty strong when it's dry you just pup the plastic pail from inside the sump box and there it is. Drill a hole for the pump fitting and glass it to the area you need.

Hey twiisted i have loaded the photos of the sump i made for the shower pump, i can load them on my photos or e-mail them, i added 2 layers of lauan on the bottom of the mold to have more to screw the pump into and rather than drill a hole i put a double female connector for the hose. I also have a waterproof connection for the wires.

Congrats brother! I'm exited for you. Some pictures would be nice.... I'm still beating a dead horse.:banghead:

Thanks Swampu i keep uploading on my profile page. Check them out !

Being cheap, the Eagle shower sumps are Tupperware/plastic deep dish with a small bilge pump with float switch. 10+ years the Tupperware dish is in great shape but had to replace the bilge pump several time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom