One Last Evening Out For The Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are very lucky and I am just jealous! For me last day of the year at anchor is just already an old souvenir!

Thanks for taking us along with you. How did it go with that other boat getting floated free of the grounding? Did they get off the bottom without damage?

We're getting ready for our Christmas Lighted Boat Parade on 12/2 and 12/3 and that likely will be our last cruise of the year. We typically go out on 1/1 for the first cruise of the New Year so that will be the last one for awhile.

Thanks for taking us along with you. How did it go with that other boat getting floated free of the grounding? Did they get off the bottom without damage?

We're getting ready for our Christmas Lighted Boat Parade on 12/2 and 12/3 and that likely will be our last cruise of the year. We typically go out on 1/1 for the first cruise of the New Year so that will be the last one for awhile.

No issues. The sand up there is very soft and he ran aground while turning when he realized he was getting into skinny water and he turned onto the edge of the sandbar. So he wasn't moving very fast.

We put a kedge out into the deeper water. As you can see from the photos it was a very calm evening. Two more hours of outgoing and about two and a half of incoming and he was off.

Here they are leaving the next morning.

Attachments

• P1010347.jpg
    P1010347.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 144
Wifey B: Five whole weeks? :eek: :nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:

Since I got married, I've never been that long without any boating. :)

From this weekend the boat will be covered with lights and some other top secret stuff for the boat parade(s). So no cruising, just parading!

From this weekend the boat will be covered with lights and some other top secret stuff for the boat parade(s). So no cruising, just parading!

Wifey B: Well, parading counts. So not your last boating for the year, just last night spent out. That's much better. I could live with that. :)

The crazy girls around here want us to commit to parading next year, but we won't. They want to decorate. Oh, the things they've done (well I did help a little) decorating for Thanksgiving which we never have decorated for. Hubby just stared and shook his head and smiled. Even if they're 21, they're still teenagers I think and act like it in only the good ways. Hubby and I use to not do that much decorating for Christmas, but now we're highly pressured into going all out.:)

Back
Top Bottom