Onboad 125cc Monkey bike: 1 year on...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rustybarge

Guru
Vessel Make
Cheetah 25' Powercat.
Hi All,

Though I'd give you an update on the skyteam Bubbly monkey bike I bought last year.
Bubbly 125 - Skyteam Motorcycles
bubbly-L.jpg

Good points:
Light 73kg, I can maneuver it onto the swim plat. On my own.
Solid 50mph, can go on motor roads ' just about'
Fantastic torgue: pull away in 2nd gear like a train.
Cheap: £1k, not sure of US price. http://www.skyteamusa.com/
Lovely deep 4 str exhaust: blipping the throttle is fun.

Not so good points:
Rust
Indicator lights made from joke plastic
Ignition switch shorted from rainwater
Petrol tank spills petrol: had to modify
Exhaust fell off, no lock washers.

Overall: highly recommended, fun to ride around town, but it has ' interesting ' handling.

My son has nicknamed it 'kamikaze '

Hot wired ignition.

Rust

Joke indicator lights

Modded filler to stop leaks.

Tiny 10" wheels.

Last edited:
Pretty thin plating on that thing, less effective than paint. I'll bet it's toast after year three. To make it rustproof would probably double or triple the price.

Pretty thin plating on that thing, less effective than paint. I'll bet it's toast after year three. To make it rustproof would probably double or triple the price.

+1

'Shockingly bad plating' would be a fair description. But in fairness I've heard that the brand new BMW gs1200 is covered in rust after just one year of normal use.

None of the bolts have washers on them and rattle lose; how much extra would that cost?

but...you can easily pay £1k for peddle bike nowadays, so its hard to complain.

Forgot to mention the starter motor isn't man enough to turn over the engine when its cold.I'm going to dump it to save a few kg's and hope to get the bike to weigh under 70kg.

Another small problem is you cant select neutral when the engine's running.

Compared to the Yamaha 50cc scooter my son used to have the bubbly doesn't handle as well, but goes a lot faster and weighs less.

I'm getting used to letting the bike sort itself out when it starts to weave, I keep very light pressure on the handlebar grips: it seems to work 'sort of.' Lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom