Offer made and accepted.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finger-crossed everything progresses the way you need.

Finger-crossed everything progresses the way you need.

As I have already found and many of us have - it's all about the previous maintenance on the boat. If it's been well taken care of then we're good. If not, there will be others.

Hope it works out for you. You’ll love the SeaWise davits.

Excited (but a bit reserved) about the potential.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1995/ocean-alexander-422-sport-sedan-3547438/

Checks off a lot of the boxes. I'll be reporting back on this one as things progress of course.

That's a good looking boat! Sounds well-maintained. OA builds a solid boat. Might ask if the current owner has done the 1000 hour service on the Cats. If not, maybe they will through that in during final negotiations. Just a thought.

John

Decided this one too has too much work needed. Biggest issue, soft deck on the flybridge, teak paneling lifting/damaged and window seals shot.

Too bad. You`ve kissed several frogs without one turning into a princess.
Are you physically inspecting and doing your own "mini survey" before offer? Or are the negative findings from survey.
Here`s hoping the next one comes out better.

I was moving forward on the same model but slightly longer when I decided that
I was simply buying a sport fish and not a trawler. I am so easily taken off course by pretty things. The OA's are pretty. My surveyor however is not a fan. Getting an offer accepted is really only about 25% of the way to the finish line. I like to have in mind what I will accept and not accept before the survey. I eliminate more than half of what I look at by doing my own survey with a moisture meter. Be patient is my biggest challenge. Good luck.

Everyone has their favorites. Every OA I have seen has been pretty nice.

I Agree, but when the guy you are going to pay a good slug of money for an honest evaluation gives you the "awe man!" look, it kind of takes some air out of the sails. Every boat is capable of being wonderful, and every boat is capable of being a disaster. Wood coring is an issue that comes up a lot for these guys. It was also a thirteen hour drive. So maybe...........

My boat was 14 hours each way. Took 2 trailer full of tools and parts and spent 5 weeks there before we ran it home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom