Ocean Alexander--Rubber window gaskets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevinCT

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Neon Moon
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 480 Classico
We have a '99 Ocean Alexander 450 Classico and the rubber around the windows and glazing are heavily discolored against the white windows and body. The rubber wedge window glazing and rubber screw trim cover need replacing.

I have looked through all types of rubber window glazing profiles to find something suitable, with no luck.

I called OA, but they don't have a solution.

Does anyone have a good solution for replacing either of these? I've looked at pictures of other OA and it looks like people have just taken off the screw trim cover and left it bare. I may have to do that. However, the rubber glazing needs to be in place to keep them water tight.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you were to post some fotos it would be of great help. I was able to find a vinyl screw trim product at an RV supply which was a direct replacement for my deteriorated rubber trim, if thats of any help. Best of luck.

Did you find a solution?

Kevin,

We just bought an OA 423, coincidentally in Essex, CT at EBW. The screw trim is as you described in your post. Did you find a source for replacement?

Thanks!
Marty

No. Unfortunately, it is not available. After looking at MANY videos of OA yachts in this age and size, I see many have had the screw trim removed and windows painted. I am still looking for the trim cover, but have not found anything.

Congratulations on your purchase. These are GREAT yachts!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom