Novatec 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Dread Pirate Robert

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Blessing
Vessel Make
Jefferson 42
I looked at a Novatec 40 today that I am interested in purchasing. It is on the hard so I was able to inspect the bottom as well as the top sides. My concern is the draft of this boat. All the documentation I find says it draws 3 foot 10 inches. However when I measured from the water mark on the hull to the ground and subtracted the distance from the ground to the bottom of the keel I got 4 foot 6 inches.
Can anyone help with the difference in data?
Also any general comments on the overall quality of the brand and things to look for would be appreciated.

Welcome aboard. I have a 41’ President. President specs said 2’10” which I thought was bogus. I measured it at 3’ 8”which is reasonable and correct. I have a full keel don’t know what the boat in question has for a keel.

Welcome aboard!
Couldn't find a Novatec 40 but did find this on a Novatec 42.......:thumb:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 8.40.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 8.40.59 PM.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 56
Factory specs are boat floating fully empty. After you load her up she is going to draw more.

Make sure you get a good surveyor to look at the boat. The surveyors generally know what the strong and weak points of different brands are. In talking with my surveyor this covered not only issues associated with the brands but also, being a licenced captain, he had experience with the sea keeping of different brand that resulted in some opinions based on running boats up and down the west coast. A key question will be how and where you plan to use the boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom