Not your typical Ferrocement yacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful boat...Love that engine room! All the same "problems" associated with Ferro cement. Home builders nightmares gave the FC a bad rap. Good luck getting insurance on it. For a knowledgeable cash buyer it would make sense...at something less than asking price. Well cared for, nice design.

I like the lines and the big light on the mast...

The current owner has done a great job of keeping the boat in great shape, the only issue I had under his ownership is he took away the boats real purpose by deleting the cruise generator, making the boat all electric and the worst was cutting down the mast by 15', deleting the high pressure sodium fish boat lighting and the worst was removing her awesome paravane system.

Regarding insurance we always had insurance,but it was difficult to get. My kids grew up on her and still seven years later haven't forgiven me for selling her.

Still the fastest and most fuel efficient passage maker I have skippered. Always averaged 2.2 G.P.H. @ 8kts including generator usage.

Hopefully her next skipper will take as good of care of her as the current one has.
HOLLYWOOD

$99,000. Make an offer! $2 ?? Near impossible to insure any cement boats here and no marina will allow a uninsured boat to even stay overnight.It may be a different world over there ?

Last edited:
Not your typical Ferrocment yacht

My FC boat has been fully insured by State Farm since it was launched. Even without that, I have to imagine that liability insurance (for moorage) wouldn’t be hard to arrange. Hull insurance, though - that would difficult for a hull without an insurance history.

Hollywood, are the bulkheads cement as well?

How many gallons of diesel do the tanks hold...all I caught was 100 gallons in the "day tank".

How many gallons of diesel do the tanks hold...all I caught was 100 gallons in the "day tank".

She held 1100 total, 1000 in 3 main tanks and 100 in the day tank. most bulkheads were ferro, two in the fore peak where plywood as was one in the aft stateroom.
She was a great boat for the 10 years we had her. I mad the mistake of sending the craigslist ad to my girls and spent all evening making excuses why I would not buy her back.. they both miss her.
HOLLYWOOD

Back
Top Bottom