Not again!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bligh

Guru
Vessel Name
Concerto
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee
'Bubble Man' is on his own, says Coast Guard | The Royal Gazette:Bermuda News
rglogo1.gif&LogoXPos=0&LogoYPos=290&maxw=630&maxh=350

That thing looks like it would give you a helluva ride in 40 knot winds and 20-25 ft seas. What do you do if it tips over?

Maybe it's time to bill him for the $144,000 to cover the cost of his last rescue before agreeing to not impede him from trying again. Pay as you go.

Where's the frig? I don't see how he can even catch fish in that thing.

And in January?

Can you say: "Darwin Award".

That thing looks like it would give you a helluva ride in 40 knot winds and 20-25 ft seas. What do you do if it tips over?

I was driving in eastern Montana today. It was windy, real windy. I saw a tumbleweed completely clear a four-lane highway at chest level. My vision for him in 20-foot seas with 40 knot wind is the same.

I was driving in eastern Montana today. It was windy, real windy. I saw a tumbleweed completely clear a four-lane highway at chest level. My vision for him in 20-foot seas with 40 knot wind is the same.

I have a vision of that bubble being blown away by such winds and washing up on some far distant shore years from now, like the proverbial message in a bottle, except instead of a message inside it will contain a dessicated Iranian exile.

If he has a support team to rescue him when he gets bounced all over like the ball in a spray paint can, go for it. He may have been just stupid the first time. Now he has been educated and should pay for any future rescue costs with cash or jail time.

He's been rescued twice this will probably be his 3rd rescue.
Bill

I dont understand how the 40 soccer balls come into play...

Would seem if he slung a lounge chair from a pivot , it could be blown downwind with almost no effort.

Why run when wind is free?

An ice chest in his lap would handle provisions.

Looks like a great device for towing behjnd your trawler for doing laundry or exercising your cat.

Why didn't I think of that?
Now that's something I would have done differently:eek:

I suspect that this guy is trying to fulfill a death wish. If true, I commend him for being original and for trying to have fun with the process. Certainly beats jumping off a building or blowing ones brains out. The Coast Guard should not interfere. Let him accomplish his goal.

Looks like Miami to Bermuda us about 890 nautical miles, how fast can he make that thing go, how many days? What happens when he sleeps, I daren't ask what anchor!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom