Nordic tug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Szafranc

:thumb:1998 / 2002 - 32 foot nordic tug. What would be a fair price range for this boat.I would like to buy one in the Great Lakes area. Any information would be appreciated.

Hard to say. Best bet is to find a buyers broker and ask him/her for comps. Most Great Lakes pleasure yachts put on about 100 engine hours per year so 1300 hours on the engine is reasonable for a 2002 and 1500 for a 1998. Less than that is low hours. An always Great Lakes boat will command a premium. A mostly salt water boat won't. Many of the maintenance issues you read about on TF are minimized on the Great Lakes or don't exist at all. The key factor is how well the boat has been maintained and updated and how well it is equipped. Another very important factor is how badly the seller needs to monetize the asset.

My wild guess is $150-175K. Boat U.S. has a free service where they will give you the boats value. If you don't want to try a buyers broker, try Boat U.S. Remember there are two prices. One is the accepted offer, the other is revisions made after the survey identifies issues to be addressed.

I'll second the Boat US recomendation. We used them to get a ballpark value on our 2002 NT before we made an offer. They won't give you all the individual sold boat prices like a broker may do, but they will give you an average based on the year. Keep in mind that various extras on the NTs can make a big difference in price. They are all semi-custom, so various options abound including big items like generators, Air Conditioning/reverse cycle heat, diesel heat, etc. From what we paid and watching the market since we bought ours, I'd say around $150k for a well equiped and maintained 2002 is about right. One other thing to note is that in 2002 NT started offering the longer hull, which is now called the 34. Some 2002s have the shorter hull with the bolt on swim platform, others like ours have the longer hull with the integrated platform. I think they called it the 32+ during the 2002/2003 interim years, then renamed it the 34. Personally, I like our boat becuase it offers the longer hull (more boyancy and slightly better hull speed) with the smaller 220 HP Cummins and the larger saloon. Around 2003/2004 they moved the pilot house back to change from a v-bert to walk around queen. In the process, the saloon lost 18 inches. Personally, I like the larger saloon for entertaining. The only time we are in the v-berth is to sleep, so the extra space wouldn't be noticed (although a walk around does have its advantages).

I have seen huge variances in pricing for NT32's. The last one I saw, the broker told me it would sell for about $125 it was clean , but very sparse. I believe it was a 2004. Anyhow, you would be better served by showing us a boat you are interested in and then asking if you think it is a fair price. If you ask any decent broker, they should provide you with the latest soldboat.com data for whatever that is worth.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...00&cit=true&luom=126&No=0&Ns=PAll_modelYear|0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom