A non-classified post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R lucky

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Fortunate Sun
Vessel Make
42' Grand Banks M/Y
Hi All,

Hope I don't get into hot water for this... I have just listed my beloved 42' Grand Banks MY for sale with a broker. Hence my not using the Classifieds forum. I also won't post a link here for the same reason.

I would just like TF members to know this is available should they have the desire to have a look. The boat is a 1982 42' GB Motoryacht, located in Marina del Rey, CA.

This is one of those posts we all hate to see (and especially to write...), as it's an "Illness forces sale" situation. Thankfully I'm on the back side of the illness but insane bills remain.

Feel free to email me at tvlights@gmail.com for more info. Also please know the broker is a very nice and knowledgeable guy, being a GB owner himself.

Thank you all for many years of information, advice, experience and laughs. I'll still be reading and look forward to being back out on the water.

Lucky

No hot water. Many people use TF to look for a boat. Personally, I would post in the classifieds section "1983 GB42 Motoryacht - MDR California" with your current asking price and a link to your yachtworld listing. Be sure to state you are the owner and any relevant information, and a few pictures so folks don't have to go to the Yachtworld ad. Could only help.

Glad you're on the mend. Sorry to hear you've had to make difficult choices.

Peter

It should be in the boats for sale section. It will get more visibility there anyway. I suspect one of the moderators will end up moving it. It does need price, location and who owns it to be in the classified section.

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much -- will do.

Peter I hope you're enjoying your refit :)

I love working with my hands and building stuff, but the overall refit is something of an endurance test vs an enjoyable event. I have one thing that had kept me going: when I was delivering, many of my clients were new Nordhavn owners. We'd chat for several months before their boat was ready, and they'd be tremendously frustrated with the delays (not specific to Nordhavn as it happens with all boat projects). But the moment we would cast off docklines, the chapter would close and a new one open. I am so excited to close this chapter of refit. Boat should be launched within next week or two, the some long runs to see what breaks.

This picture is from today - you can see the Starlink antenna on the right side bench waiting to be installed. The flybridge is significantly reconfigured for the tropics. Covered space and long benches for sleeping and lounging. I've included a decent picture of what the traditional flybridge looks like - a single thwart bench that is pretty cramped.

Thanks for the good thoughts. I wish you well too.

Peter
Screenshot_20221214_193059_DuckDuckGo.jpg20221214_091848.jpg

Get finished getting well. :) Maybe you'll feel like commenting on the selling process some day and how it all went for you. I sold my GB42 in two weeks in 2015, no broker.

Hi All,

Just a quick note to say she's been sold. Full price offer on the fourth showing.

Take care everyone, I look forward to reading about this season's exploits.

Lucky

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom