Nice sunset tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
I was just sitting in the house and spotted this gorgeous sunset. I was just a couple minutes late getting down to the rivershore but these still turned out pretty well so I thought I'd share them with you. These were taken right in front of our house...

img_199450_0_3130306ad043c17b1c6b3fb95fcfdfed.jpg

img_199450_1_cac31b50bfbe1fd65d8776a4f45a9475.jpg

img_199450_2_e36d39faa1ccc9b2e084c46dec31877e.jpg

Ya gotta love a sunset that's so full of color.

GFC you know when to take the pic.

Wonderful!

Pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Very nice pic, you caught it right in time!

GFC you know when to take the pic.

Wonderful!

Right, timing is everything. Many times the best lighting is a few minutes after the sun drops below the horizon. On the beaches of the West coast of Florida most people will leave after the sun drops. If they would wait just a few minutes they would see some of the prettiest skies.

I was just sitting in the house and spotted this gorgeous sunset. I was just a couple minutes late getting down to the rivershore but these still turned out pretty well so I thought I'd share them with you. These were taken right in front of our house...

img_199566_0_3130306ad043c17b1c6b3fb95fcfdfed.jpg

img_199566_1_cac31b50bfbe1fd65d8776a4f45a9475.jpg

img_199566_2_e36d39faa1ccc9b2e084c46dec31877e.jpg

Ya gotta love a sunset that's so full of color.

These are really top-tier sunset photos. You should really consider putting some up in Panoramio and listing on Google Earth. Well done.

Panoramio - Sunset - Tramonti.

Right, timing is everything. Many times the best lighting is a few minutes after the sun drops below the horizon. On the beaches of the West coast of Florida most people will leave after the sun drops. If they would wait just a few minutes they would see some of the prettiest skies.

Right!
On a clear day at sea watch for the "green flash".
I have seen it three times for one sunset.
Be nimble, be quick.
Ted:socool:

One of the thing that really caught my eye when I was taking those pics was the configuration of the clouds at the center of where the sun was going down.

I just went back in and took a second look at the pics and enlarged one then cropped the center portion. Here's what it looks like....

img_199625_0_71977f561e0b4c37d6a49914b82ee104.jpg

img_199625_1_a7cc13c60820c05fb2a4cf86ca199082.jpg

Very unusual formations in the middle there.

One of the thing that really caught my eye when I was taking those pics was the configuration of the clouds at the center of where the sun was going down. I just went back in and took a second look at the pics and enlarged one then cropped the center portion. Here's what it looks like.... Very unusual formations in the middle there.
Are you a photographer? Because your pics are good. :thumb:

One of the thing that really caught my eye when I was taking those pics was the configuration of the clouds at the center of where the sun was going down.

I just went back in and took a second look at the pics and enlarged one then cropped the center portion. Here's what it looks like....

img_199666_0_71977f561e0b4c37d6a49914b82ee104.jpg

img_199666_1_a7cc13c60820c05fb2a4cf86ca199082.jpg

Very unusual formations in the middle there.

The bottom picture looks as if a big manta ray is coming. OK now, you arm chair psychiatrists have a ball with that.

The geese on the larger picture really add perspective and interest. Great photographs.

Nice, GFC.
We got similar colour in our sunset yesterday.
Here's a pic of us rowing out to where we spent last night.

Attachments

• rowing into sunset.jpg
    rowing into sunset.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 103
Oliver, no, I'm not a photographer by trade, I just do it for fun. When I come across something like that I might take 50-60 photos (Thank GOD for digital cameras) and only keep one or two.

I do like to take photos and my camera is usually close at hand. If we travel I always have it with me because you never know when you're going to see that one great thing to photograph. Sunrises and sunsets are among my favorite things to take photos of. You just never know when you're going to come across that very special one

Oliver, no, I'm not a photographer by trade, I just do it for fun. When I come across something like that I might take 50-60 photos (Thank GOD for digital cameras) and only keep one or two. I do like to take photos and my camera is usually close at hand. If we travel I always have it with me because you never know when you're going to see that one great thing to photograph. Sunrises and sunsets are among my favorite things to take photos of. You just never know when you're going to come across that very special one

GFC,

Did you ever get pictures of the GB out of the water???

Friggin' awesome shots GFC!
Thanks for sharing:thumb:

Amen!
I love living on the West Coast of Fla. I'm 30 mins. East of Clearwater Beach, Tarpon Springs and St. Pete Beach.

On a beautiful evening, you crank up some Buffett, raise a glass, and enjoy some magnificent sunsets with dozens of friends you'll never meet:thumb:.

GFC,

Did you ever get pictures of the GB out of the water???

The GB? What's that? I don't have a Grand Banks, I have a Sea Ray Sedan Bridge. Here's a couple of shots of her out of the water just before we got her back after the flybridge was reinstalled. It had been removed for transport from MI to Portland, OR.

img_214622_0_35c91187ea95707c40ad4c8d403d39d3.jpg

img_214622_1_043ae402a5be4f6ef5cd934e399d4708.jpg

The GB? What's that? I don't have a Grand Banks, I have a Sea Ray Sedan Bridge. Here's a couple of shots of her out of the water just before we got her back after the flybridge was reinstalled. It had been removed for transport from MI to Portland, OR.

Sorry no I posted in the wrong thread. I was looking for the pictures of the sunken Grand Banks that sunk in your marina over the holiday. I was wondering if there was an update.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom