Newbie Mainship 34 and autopilot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbernbuck

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Finale
Vessel Make
Rosborough RF246 Custom Pilothouse 2000
Hello all,
I recently purchased a Mainship 34. After getting it home and while inspecting the boat over found that it once had a Navico powerpilot 8000 system on it. All the components seem to be there except the drive pump is disconnected and partly disassembled and missing parts. I know these don't seem to have a good reputation and have been discontinued for years. But, would it be worth looking around for a used drive pump assembly or should I forget I found it?
Thanks everyone,
Buck

Hydraulic A/P Pumps are pretty universal and with very few exceptions will play nicely with any A/P system. They are nothing more than reversing electric hydraulic pumps. So shop around for the correct capacity pump of any brand and give it a try.
Even if you can't get the Navico working, if you plan to install an A/P anyway you can always buy a new system less pump.

:socool:

Thanks for the advice, after finding an online installation manual of powerpilot 8000 and then looking at my main control box, it doesn't match up with manual as far as electrical power connections so I think I'll let this go for now.
Certainly that's what the previous owner(s) did.
I appreciate your quick response.

Back
Top Bottom