New TF sub-forums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
I noticed that we now have a forum for multi-hulls/Cats and Chris Craft cruisers. But wait, won't the die hard trawler folks say that a power cat isn't a trawler?? Haha

Greetings,
Mr. SoH. Nasty. I like it...but you didn't mention they use the wrong anchor(s)...

200w.gif

Trawlers are troller wannabe's anyways :oldman:

Don't some Cats that are powered, also have a sail??? RT didn't you know they also have a 3-pointed anchor???

They likely all have twins as well. That's controversial!!:banghead:

I'm ok with it. Not everyone can move up from sail to trawler in one step. :rolleyes:

Ted

I think the trawler “style” of power catamaran demonstrates its design intention. I.E. slower speeds for economical, spacious, comfortable cruising with good range. Works for me.

"slower speeds for economical, spacious, comfortable cruising"

Actually at displacement speeds multihulls are less efficient as their long skinny hulls have more wetted surface .

In a very light construction it may not be noticed , but there is the light weight construction hassle,,

"Some days you raft to the tug , some days the tug rafts to you."

Last edited:
I'm ok with it. Not everyone can move up from sail to trawler in one step. :rolleyes:

Ted

Kind of like realizing that marrying your sister was a mistake, so you divorce her and marry your first cousin.

Well, at the risk of having my sarcasm misunderstood - I'm building a semi-displacement catamaran that looks a bit commercial. My neighbor asked "what the hell are you gonna do with that boat". I was a bit indignant that he was so blunt, so to wind him up I said I'm gonna start commercial fishing - I'm bringing long-line oyster trollin' back to the Chesapeake.

So my official story is that my catamaran is an oyster troller. I hope that qualifies me for a trawler site.

Long line oyster trolling. :rofl: Whatcha planning on using for bait?

Ted

Long line oyster trolling. :rofl: Whatcha planning on using for bait?

Ted

Thanks for commenting. I was feeling like the time I walked into a bar and everyone was joking and having fun until I opened my mouth. Then they all got quiet and started leaving...makes you think.

Actually, the bait is a trade secret. But I can tell you I use tiny little hooks! The real trick is getting enough lines in the water so you can drift over oysters while they are migrating. If you hit them right, you can have 5 or 6 oysters on the lines at a time...then it gets damned exciting!

Oyster trolling catamarans...a solid platform!

Welllll since I have no idea if my Californian 45 is a trawler or whatever doesn’t matter to me. Happy I joined and finding many things about it and other vessels. We owned it 11 years, been boarded and inspected probably 10 times, and just found out on here it doesn’t have doc numbers anywhere. Has been a documented vessel since it was first commissioned. So thanks.

Back
Top Bottom