New couple looking for some help/advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rather than a sport fish, maybe an express fish? Mine is an example. My enclosure is air conditioned with a pair of 12k btu units located under the seating.

A downeaster style can also work, and some are single engines, though they might lack the speed, but could be more economical.

Sorry for the absence, my wife and I have been dealing with three elderly parents and man what a task. Medical system for the elderly is a joke now days.

Anyway, thank you all so much for all the great suggestions. We have refocused a bit and here's where we're at now and why. Coming from Center Consoles we don't have any experience with these types of boats and we don't want to bite off more than we can chew so we started looking at smaller, simpler boats that we can purchase for a lot less money. We can learn to upgrade, repair and work on something like this for the next few years, gain some experience and then move up to a larger size boat. We've been looking at several 28-32 sized Trawlers and have found a couple we like. Found one up in the North West we really like so going to try and find a surveyor in that area and have him take a look at it. Will keep y'all posted, again, thank you for all the great advice!!

Last edited:
My thoughts are Downeaster with a convertible dinette or something like an Albin Tournament series.
Fishing from a boat not made for fishing is a nightmare to clean.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom