New chain in Seattle area.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuttouomo

Vessel Name
Lady A
Vessel Make
Defever 44
Need to replace the anchor chain on the boat. Currently 300' of 3/8 BBB.
Besides Fisheries, does anyone know of a place in Seattle/ Tacoma area where I can take the boat and load new chain directly onto the boat?

Oh, my bad. I thought this was a discussion of new restaurants.

Need to replace the anchor chain on the boat. Currently 300' of 3/8 BBB.
Besides Fisheries, does anyone know of a place in Seattle/ Tacoma area where I can take the boat and load new chain directly onto the boat?

Not sure you can make this work with just any vendor, but I just bought 340 feet of chain from Second Wave in Gig Harbor on the condition that he deliver it on the dock. (I did put my boat on the public dock a quarter mile from his shop.) Shop around. 300' of chain is a big sale for a small business.

Last edited:
Thanks , Prof. I'll try that angle.

Bill

Thanks , Prof. I'll try that angle.

Bill

Obviously, one doesn't get to haggle on price in this sort of deal, but he did haul away my 180' of old rusty stuff.

Last edited:
I second Washington Chain Supply.

Take your wildcat with you. With a broomstick through the center hole, run at least 10' of selected chain over the wildcat to make sure no binding occurs. There are manufacturing variations on the chain between brands and windlass manufacturers. Guys at Washington Chain always insisted on me bringing the wilcat with me when purchasing chain.

Will they deliver dockside for a small order?

I was specifically looking for Titan chain, got this from StarMarineDepot a few months ago. Delivered to the gate at my yacht club in a tub. Hand truck down the dock with a friend helping.

IMG_4064.jpg

Thanks all for the additional input. Much appreciated.
Will inform all when I make the switch.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom