New build, but not a trawler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustBob

Vessel Name
Mahalo
Vessel Make
2018 Hampton Endurance 658
BruceB's thread on their American Tug build has surely been one of the more popular ones here at TF. I enjoyed it immensely and their enthusiasm was contagious.

While this place is called "Trawler Forum," the definition is somewhat loose, right? For example lots of semi displacement boats here. Boats that to me were never considered Trawlers, but are now under the big Trawler tent.

I'm beginning a new build myself. About the most trawlerish features of our boat will be the pilot house and portuguese bridge. Beyond that, sort of falls beyond the description for me anyway. It will have twin diesels, it can go 15/17 knots if necessary.

I'm not ready to do the reveal yet, and really we won't have much to say for some time as the hull layup is just beginning (in China).

So the question is, would a thread on a motor yacht build be welcomed here?

"So the question is, would a thread on a motor yacht build be welcomed here?"

Trawlers are for cruising , so are many MY.

Welcome,,,,,,,,,,,,, we will be envious seeing you tow water skiers as you pass.

At 15-17 knots WOT he's not going to be towing many water skiers.

Yes, we welcome you but then our boats are less trawlerish than yours. Depending on definition the forum is either 0.1% trawler, 3% trawler or 30% trawler or 70% trawler.

"So the question is, would a thread on a motor yacht build be welcomed here?"

Trawlers are for cruising , so are many MY.

Welcome,,,,,,,,,,,,, we will be envious seeing you tow water skiers as you pass.

I shall have to find an adventurous wake boarder and do just that!

Sure! I welcome it!

Cheers and best of luck.

H.

My lips are sealed Bob! I know that I am looking forward to watching somebody else's journey. I love living vicariously...
Bruce

Part of the fun of new builds is seeing what's new in the industry whether it's a technique, material, or design concept. By all means, show us lots of pictures please!

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom