Old 02-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #21
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
I think our money would be more cost effectively spent if we bought our "Admirals" presents for Christmas instead of tools. No wonder there's so many single guys on this forum. We hardly ever do buoys but when we do I'm the one hang'in over the bow fuss'in with the buoy ring.

Mark you're supposed to use only ONE buoy and leave the others for others.
Not all spouses and not all moorings are created equal.

If I bought Meg something that made her role on the boat easier and safer, she'd appreciate it. And knowing Cindy, she'd be thrilled with a gift like this. Mark's 58 Vantare requires 2 to moor unlike some of our smaller boats.

At Angel Island State Park where Mark was mooring, unlike many other moorings, it is REQUIRED that you moor bow and stern in proper alignment of bow NE. This is due to the swirling currents in Ayala Cove just off Raccoon Strait.

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:02 PM   #22
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
Not all spouses and not all moorings are created equal.

If I bought Meg something that made her role on the boat easier and safer, she's appreciate it. And knowing Cindy, she'd be thrilled with a gift like this. Mark's 58 Vantare requires 2 to moor unlike some of our smaller boats.

At Angel Island State Park where Mark was mooring, unlike many other moorings, it is REQUIRED that you moor bow and stern in proper alignment of bow NE. This is due to the swirling currents in Ayala Cove just off Raccoon Strait.

Wifey B: hehe.....do they come with diamonds on the handles? At least designer leather? Does Gucci make any?

Just teasing. He just ordered one last night. We don't moor much but I see so many uses.

I'd be happy with one of those for Christmas......and a diamond necklace on the side.....lol

Actually we buy relatively small presents for each other and our largest present is always together and something we can use together and enjoy. If we didn't agree to limits in advance there is no telling what he'd buy me. He has no self control in that regard.

BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #23
Guru

City: Sidney BC
Vessel Name: Rochepoint
Vessel Model: 1985 Cheer Men PT38 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
I think our money would be more cost effectively spent if we bought our "Admirals" presents for Christmas instead of tools. No wonder there's so many single guys on this forum. We hardly ever do buoys but when we do I'm the one hang'in over the bow fuss'in with the buoy ring.
Well she got her Christmas gifts, this one was just a February boat gift to make what she enjoys doing to help with and she is ecstatic with it, already makes it work like a champ. Maybe you should have one and then you could stop hanging over the bow fuss'in............
"Yes, I have the right anchor"
rochepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:57 PM   #24
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Vessel Name: Small Incentive
Vessel Model: Boston Whaler 130 Sport
Now if someone could come up with a modified, angled, bigger loop version of that thing which would work on bull rails. You know. something a bit more elegant than grappling hooks or bent up pieces of rebar.

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #25
Veteran Member

City: Sacramento Delta
A toy/tool for the boat. Amazon here I come.
IMG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #26
Veteran Member

City: Whidbey Island
Vessel Name: Rekindle
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-145
Here's one my wife picked up at the Seattle Boat Show last month, the inventor was demonstrating them and he was a kick to talk to. Haven't had a chance to use it but it's pretty clever. Screws onto the end of any boat hook/painter's pole.

The Grabber - Mooring Retriever
Rekindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #27
Veteran Member

City: Erie, PA
Vessel Name: LIBERTY
Vessel Model: Pilgrim 40
Our boat hook is kept in a "place of honor" in the pilot house, always at the ready and far from sticky fingered dock walkers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hook.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	27681  

drf6 is offline   Reply With Quote