Old 07-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #61
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtbrokerguy View Post
I would not call this a dink, but it is a tender stored inside the garage of one of my listings. It is an Aquamajestic 27 with a car style convertible top, air conditioning, diesel power, and it is included with the big boat.
Built by Kencraft I believe, an Australia company that I don't think is still in business.

BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #62
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Cruiser View Post
We tow a 17' Logic Marine center console, now branded as Triumph with a 50 hp Mercury 2 stroke. The boat is tough I think it's made of old milk jugs, we use it to get the dogs ashore, to go to sandbars and exploring.
They're still being built. Owned by the same company as Larson, Carver, Marquis. Polymer hulls (Roplene) and they make great utility boats. They claim the hulls are five times the strength of fiberglass. Only one weakness I'm aware of. They don't store well on trailers unless specially designed for them or on racks. Hard surfaces will distort their hulls. With more support and promotion I think they well could have sold far better. I've seen them used by several marinas and also seen them used as rental boats. Rental customers are notoriously rough on boats so this is great for that purpose.

BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #63
Guru

City: UMR MM283
Vessel Name: Northern Lights II
Vessel Model: Bayliner 3870
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
They're still being built. Owned by the same company as Larson, Carver, Marquis. Polymer hulls (Roplene) and they make great utility boats. They claim the hulls are five times the strength of fiberglass. Only one weakness I'm aware of. They don't store well on trailers unless specially designed for them or on racks. Hard surfaces will distort their hulls. With more support and promotion I think they well could have sold far better. I've seen them used by several marinas and also seen them used as rental boats. Rental customers are notoriously rough on boats so this is great for that purpose.

BandB I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if need be. It is pretty maintenance free just keep fuel and oil in the merc and go. It may not be as tough as the video makes it look but it's damn close.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
Old 07-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #64
Guru

The poly boats here are usually double hulled and essentially unbreakable. Which is good, they are used as tenders by charter companies. Even if the outer hull is damaged they float, but it makes them very heavy, due to water accumulated between inner and outer skins, very odd to row.

BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote