New Bern, NC to Crisfield, MD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How did your survey/sea trial go? How is Rob Eberle (and I assume your broker is John Peterson) doing these days? :) He's good, ain't he?

Rob is still poking around doing the survey, Ken Ferguson is our broker. Sea trail should be soon

Nice. I assumed you hauled out at Bridgeton Boatworks? It's always scary when he runs the motors to WOT until something (almost always) breaks or overheats. Especially if the owner is onboard. :eek: :socool::socool:

Is Ken with Neptune?

Well all went well 98% of everything worked. We hauled her out of Trent River Marine, nice people but a grave yard full of boats. She has quite a bit of blisters which is very disappointing.
Waiting in the fluid test then hopefully we will plan our trip home IMG_1172.JPG

Don't worry about blisters. They really don't mean anything. They're pimples on a pretty girl.

Yes I've read all about blisters.
The advise is don't worry about them, but fix them. A very strange area in boating.

New Bern,NC to Crisfield,MD

Trent River is a bit... ummmm... iffy. I would have gone across to Bridgeton. They are a good new yard.

I won't offer my opinion on blisters. That is something you need to figure out, but I am glad everything else went well.

Good luck and good boating.

There are blisters and there are blisters. Find someone who can tell the difference.

Yes I've read all about blisters.
The advise is don't worry about them, but fix them. A very strange area in boating.

Depends on who tell you that and their experience with blisters.

Like moles on your skin, 99 times out of 100 they are benign.

But all of them bear close watching.

Trent River is a bit... ummmm... iffy. I would have gone across to Bridgeton. They are a good new yard.

I won't offer my opinion on blisters. That is something you need to figure out, but I am glad everything else went well.

Good luck and good boating.

Trent river was amazing to walk around and see all the old stuff laying around, the did a great job hauling and power washing
Thanks for the advise on Bridgeton
Going to find some proactive for the boat

Thought she looked familiar.

View attachment 62316

View attachment 62317

David and Stoney Whitelock are good people. My boat was in the big metal building (Sean Messick's shop) at Scott's Cove Marina, while they were rebuilding the Kathryn.

Some of the rest of the fleet on the hard in preparation for the Labor Day Skipjack races of 2015.

View attachment 62318

Find Fort Monroe (Old Point Comfort) just inside the Hampton Roads entrance. There is an anchorage (Phoebus / Old Point Comfort) between the Old Point Comfort Marina and the Rt. 64 causeway. It's fairly protected from everything but a SW wind. Leave there at first light; round the Thimble Shoal Light; then take a straight shot to the Tangier Sound Gas Buoy (Light). From Thimble Shoal Light to the Tangier Sound light is about 48 miles, to the Janes Island light (Crisfield) is about 60 miles. Really think you can make Crisfield from Norfolk in one day. If weather isn't bad, the hook at Cod Harbor (bottom of Tangier) would be a good anchorage. Onancock is another possibility.

Ted

Thanks for the information
We are going to purchase charts for our trip.
From New Bern to Crisfield, we also need to replace our Chesapeake Bay chart book.
Any suggestions?

I'm done buying paper. All sorts of electronic chart options and navigation programs. I have Garmin chart plotters (MFDs) with their charts, an all in one desk top computer with Polar Navy (NOAA charts), a lap top with Active Captain online, a tablet shortly with Garmin Home Port, and I guess I could always put something on my smartphone. While I like chart books and Noaa charts, feel the following for them is too small to justify the cost of them updating the charts. So, you probably get a new book with the same old charts.

If you don't want to spend the money on new MFDs, a couple of tablets and software is pretty hard to beat and you have redundancy.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom