Old 01-16-2016, 04:27 PM   #21
Guru

City: Saint Augustine, Fl.
Those IPS systems would scare the hell out of me unless I was on the winning side of powerball drawing.

Sailor of Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #22
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyschulman View Post
I don't think the CC is a Trawler whatever that is and if it is how does IPS grab the trawler folks? This is not the first boat I have come across with IPS designated as or referred to as a trawler. I don't think the builders consider it a trawler. It is most likely a very nice power craft and will fit in with the multitude of competition at its price tag. The defining issue is probably the aluminum build.
No, the builders do not think of it as a trawler. However, it could be used as many use trawler type boats. As to the IPS the market has accepted in on many boats such as Sabre and Tiara. Sunseeker offers it on their 65' Manhattan.

The Coastal Craft is a very nice boat. I see their sales potential as very limited. However, they don't need huge sales, just one or two here and there. Being distinctive might help in that.

BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #23
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
That one I like. The dark hulled ones (blue, black, etc.) show water spots too much.
Spraying the hull with fresh water eliminates water spots. Besides, they won't show up in most photographs, and dark hulls show up better in fog than white ones.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #24

City: North Vancouver
Vessel Name: INFINITY ∞
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 62
Coastal Craft are quality boats,,, and very expensive, but probably worth it.
A niche market for sure. I considered one of their 40 footers a few years ago when we were immersed in the PNW. Nice boat! But that also coincided with the time when I was looking into Trawlers for the first time. Around that time, IPS was making it's presence known. I'm not a fan. So, ultimately we chose a different path. But I will always reconsider a Coastal Craft when we settle back into Vancouver.
nemier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #25
Guru

City: Somewhere
Vessel Name: Island Pride
Vessel Model: Palmer sedan 32'
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyschulman View Post
I don't think the CC is a Trawler whatever that is and if it is how does IPS grab the trawler folks? This is not the first boat I have come across with IPS designated as or referred to as a trawler. I don't think the builders consider it a trawler. It is most likely a very nice power craft and will fit in with the multitude of competition at its price tag. The defining issue is probably the aluminum build.

The builders have never, to my knowledge, referred to any of their vessels as a trawler. They are a fast planing boat, in the 25-30 knot range.
I was simply showing an extremely nice boat and its launch. Beautifully and painstakingly finished. And to boot for me, locally built.

They are a semi custom to custom boat.

I don't think I would go for an IPS either. Too much wood experience but there are a lot of the C.C. out there now and people like them.

C lectric is offline   Reply With Quote