Old 11-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
Guru

City: Salvador - BA
Vessel Name: Rainha Jannota
Vessel Model: Curruira 46
Send a message via MSN to Portuguese
The boat looks great and it shines like a piece of art. Good choice of colors for marketing brochures. It also matches the color of the channels in Europe

To Whom it May Concern!!!

TAD ROBERTS, is also a very well-known boat designer and naval architect, in many aspects, way ahead in ideas on how a passagemaker should be. Too bad that I found his work after I started to build my boat. Too bad!

Tab, keep it like that. Faithfull to your ideas without compromise with marketing tendencies that born dead!

Old 11-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
Guru

City: Flattop Islands
Vessel Name: Blackfish
Vessel Model: custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiziger View Post
Tad, "Vripack Yacht Architects" are world-wide well known Yacht Architects with a respected reputation, you think they gamble with the construction design of a, for their portfolio" minor important design?

Interested in their portfolio? here is a link;

Link: Vripack portfolio

Reiz..........I'm very aware of Vripack, you seem to be reading criticizem where there is none, only interest in different ways of doing things. To be successful (As Vripack are) the designer must produce what the market thinks it wants......Sometimes I think that's a mistake. In the case of the Jetten boats design seems to be driven by interior volume requirements.....this results in boats that sell at boat shows (ashore) but are less wonderful at sea. For instance the very full slab-sided topsides forward.....this gives you a huge forward stateroom, but doesn't look like a boat at all from the outside(IMO).....Thankfully we do not all produce or want the same thing.....what a boring old world that would be...

Tad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portuguese View Post
The boat looks great and it shines like a piece of art. Good choice of colors for marketing brochures. It also matches the color of the channels in Europe

To Whom it May Concern!!!

TAD ROBERTS, is also a very well-known boat designer and naval architect, in many aspects, way ahead in ideas on how a passagemaker should be. Too bad that I found his work after I started to build my boat. Too bad!

Tab, keep it like that. Faithfull to your ideas without compromise with marketing tendencies that born dead!
Thank you for your kind encouragement....brought a ray of sunshine to this grey day.....
Old 11-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
Guru

City: somewhere
Personally, I'm starting to want interior volume over high seas handling as I'm starting to realize that ditch cruising, shallow island escapes and brief offshore trips in favorable conditions are probably the only things in my future.

I'm willing to wait for my "window".
Old 11-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #25
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Looks wise, it reminds me of the Greenline 40 Hybrid, but look at how far the Jetten carriers its beam forward.....if there's any sharp entry, it must be below the water line. She's nearly as round as a Manatee. Could this be another so-called "super displacement" boat.
heal....As this is what the Brits call a "Bespoke" build, you can have it any way you like. There's no mold, the boat is steel which lends itself to simple customization. Standard hull is full displacement with a single 185HP engine. But you can have it with twins up to 800HP and we assume a bottom optimized for that power. It would only change below the chine and one could assume speeds in the mid to upper teens.....with huge fuel consumption.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #26
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum29 View Post
Personally, I'm starting to want interior volume over high seas handling as I'm starting to realize that ditch cruising, shallow island escapes and brief offshore trips in favorable conditions are probably the only things in my future.

I'm willing to wait for my "window".
There ya go!.....The reality is that these Jetten boats(and thousands like them) may spend 95% of their lives tied to a dock, 4.9% chugging along canals, and the rest in open water......
Old 11-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #27
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Roberts View Post

There ya go!.....The reality is that these Jetten boats(and thousands like them) may spend 95% of their lives tied to a dock, 4.9% chugging along canals, and the rest in open water......
Just having a conversation with the admiral. Since we now live aboard, we have decided that a "dock condo" should be our next boat sooner than later.

Probably an aft cabin Carver, Sea Ray or similar will fit. If it has boarding ladders I'll fit a swimplatform stairs. This will give us the room we need.

Then in 4-5 years, when we retire, the Great Harbour or similar will be in the cards when we'll be swinging on the hook 50% of the time.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #28
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Bum: I see what you mean. Silverton, Carver and Bayliner have good space ideas for dock queens also. Of course, for the length I'd say the Endeavour Cat 40 and 48 Sky Lounge models are the space kings, but for a mono-hull it would be hard to beat the cube of a GH. If you want to get ridiculous, check out something like Bluewater Yachts or Carri-Craft Cats. They would be the last stop before you get into the real inland river style of houseboats. Heck, on those things she can have her own shoe closet.

"I'd rather be happy than dignified".
healhustler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #29
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Bum: I see what you mean. Silverton, Carver and Bayliner have good space ideas for dock queens also. Of course, for the length I'd say the Endeavour Cat 40 and 48 Sky Lounge models are the space kings, but for a mono-hull it would be hard to beat the cube of a GH. If you want to get ridiculous, check out something like Bluewater Yachts or Carri-Craft Cats. They would be the last stop before you get into the real inland river style of houseboats. Heck, on those things she can have her own shoe closet.
I saw a couple of the Endeavor Cat 40's. Didn't like the look. A brand new one stayed 2 slips down for a couple days. Just didn't feel right to me and can't put my finger on it.

Gotta have something that won't swamp at the inlet...

Still wanting a GH. Just gotta make the extra $$ and not hit the retirement accounts.

A Bluewater would be a killer dock queen and can be had cheap!