Need recommendations for a surveyor around Clearwater, Fl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshanafelt

Vessel Name
Isobel K
Vessel Make
37' Custom Pilothouse
Greetings list.
I am in need of a very competent surveyor to look at a partially completed trawler style boat in the Clearwater Fl, area.
The boat is 34' or so in length, fiberglass, with fairly current equipment - some of it has been installed.
I am told it is unfinished, sitting in a warehouse - it certainly has never been in the water, so I am after a percentage of completion as well as a guesstimate of value, plus a diligent look at the quality of construction.
Any references for a surveyor who is truly objective will be greatly appreciated.
Brian Shanafelt
Isobel K
37' Custom Pilothouse
Seattle

" plus a diligent look at the quality of construction."

Really hard to quantify. Steel is EZ , wood is EZ , but GRP is very hard to survey with out actually removing a chunk of hull and sending it to a good lab.

How it was laid up , how it was post cured , (if needed) the quality & quantity of resin and glass , the amount of entrained air , weather secondary bonding was properly carried out , and the accuracy of the the laminate can not be quantified by simply looking.

A lab is the only way!

Of course sometimes the layup is so low tech that it simply uses thickness for stiffness , then a tuning fork can find air pockets.

FF

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom