Need to locate a new Salon door latch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeaBreeze

Vessel Name
SeaShell
Vessel Make
1974 Marine Trader 34 Sedan
I have 2 salon door latches that use a skeleton key. I only have one key and have not been able to successfully source a duplicate key. I would like to change the entire door latch with a similar looking latch but with a modern more secure key system. Does anyone know where I can find complete door latches? Here is a photo. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2E1B885F-A57F-481B-987B-9AFCB87E48E8.jpg
    2E1B885F-A57F-481B-987B-9AFCB87E48E8.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 83
Thanks C-Lectric! That is a good source!

I just installed 3 of those locks. They have a good solid feel. They come with a 4 pin cylinder lock. I was able to replace the cylinder lock with a 5 pin. This allowed me to key all 3 locks and my shop lock to the same key. I thought they were expensive until I compared the price to other similar door locks.

I have similar locks on my doors, mine are made by Union lock and the key has Union on one side and letter/number combination on the other. Union lock keys can be ordered by letter/number combination from

Union Mortice Key M31H

I have 2 salon door latches that use a skeleton key. I only have one key and have not been able to successfully source a duplicate key. I would like to change the entire door latch with a similar looking latch but with a modern more secure key system. Does anyone know where I can find complete door latches? Here is a photo. Thanks!

I replaced mine after a break-in. Found them at fpmarine
https://www.fpmarine.com/Default.asp

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom