Need Lehman 135 Mechanic E Fla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnS

Vessel Name
MV La Vita Dolce
Vessel Make
Cheoy Lee 40 LRC
We have had a series of challenges since June, and are now in Merritt Island, Florida, near Canaveral, with a siezed Lehman 135 natural. A mechanic was out today, said it needed to be replaced with a rebuilt, as the present engines' condition was uncertain.
We had stopped in Cocoa a month ago because we lost engine instrumentation between Vero Beach and Cocoa. Eventually, the electrician / instruments guy got new sensors, new wires, and new gauges talking to each other, and we warmed up and left heading North for Savannah and the Chesapeake. Three miles later, the starboard temp guage pegged and I shut the engine down. The cap closing the bottom of the fresh water circulation pump had split. I got a replacement from American Diesel, put it in, refilled the coolant, hit the starter and got a thud. :-(
The mechanic is recommending the Westland Marina at Titusville over anyone else in the Canaveral area, and recommends the trans be rebuilt at the same time, as it has about 5600 hours on it. I do not know who to take this to. It is a Velvet Drive.
We also need to find a good fiberglass guy here, but that was another adventure.
Thanks in advance.
JohnS, La Vita Dolce, Cheoy Lee 40 LRC.

John: When we rebuilt our SP135, I had a local mechanic unhook everything, the boat yard removed it and I took it to Bomac Marine in Georgia for the rebuild. He’s a Lehman rebuilder who has all the parts and knowledge. I also had the transmission rebuilt at the same time through Bomac. He sometimes has a rebuilt on the floor that you maybe able to exchange. Good luck.

http://www.bomacmarine.com/

Yacht Power Services is a marine diesel over hauler in St Petersburg Fl as well with good references. Just across the state.
(727) 822-2628

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom