Nassau Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
We will be running from Freeport to Nassau on Friday. Has anyone got a marina that they would recommend?

Where are you going after Nassau?

If it's to the Exumas, look at Albany on the south side of the island.

Otherwise your only choices to have some protection from the weather and wakes are Atlantis and the inside slips at Hurricane Hole.

If you don't care about any of that look at Nassau Yacht Haven or Bay Street Marina.

Nassau Yacht Haven is the most convenient to shopping. Both grocery and marine stuff.

Where are you going after Nassau?

If it's to the Exumas, look at Albany on the south side of the island.

Otherwise your only choices to have some protection from the weather and wakes are Atlantis and the inside slips at Hurricane Hole.

If you don't care about any of that look at Nassau Yacht Haven or Bay Street Marina.

Nassau Yacht Haven is the most convenient to shopping. Both grocery and marine stuff.

Thanks, will look at Albany. Is he approach pretty easy?

Albany Marina

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 99
Looked on Active Captain and found this for Albany: Transient Price: 6.00 USD per foot
Date of Price: 2016-04-04

Additional Info: Plus $200 per day resort access fee?

So, two thoughts: if you want to stay one night and want to provision try Nassau Harbour Club. Semi secure, $1.75 ft. You will want to lock up at night.

My preference is Palm Cay Marina, $2.00 ft. Nice place, restaurant has very good pizza, loaner car, 10 minutes to an ok grocery store. Good security.

Best of luck!

Arch

Last edited:
Captain Bill, I did not stay there this trip but the latest review is 2 stars. I know they have had security issues in the past. But, Fresh Market and Starbucks are right across the street.

I did stay at Palm Cay a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Arch

After I saw the cost at Albany I called over to Harbour Club and booked. I had previously looked at Palm Cay, and the reviews are awesome. I just didn't like the approach from north of Providence around to it on the charts. Probably looks more difficult than it is!
So we are in Harbour Club. We will be there late afternoon and stay on board so I am not overly concerned about security. Leave there via Pogee Rocks waypoint for Allen's Cay.

FYI, If you walk up to the street and turn left there is an awesome Chinese Restaurant across the street about 1/4 mile. Great for lunch or dinner.
Enjoy,
Arch

Greetings,
Mr. A. Chinese Restaurant? In the Bahamas? That's akin to an Italian restaurant in Paris.

RTF, I know. Crime rate aside, Nassau is much more cosmopolitan than I would have expected. Took the Bites of Nassau tour a couple of years ago and was impressed with both the quality and range of offerings.

In my opinion, a white table cloth Chinese restaurant within easy walking distance of my boat is worth knowing about. Italian too �� Even in Paris

Arch

If you're looking for Bahamian food, head under the bridge to Paradise Island and check out Twin Brothers.

There is also a good farmers market under there most days.

For fresh seafood go to the fish market/dock on Eastern Road towards the eastern end of the island heading out of town around 4 or so when the boats come in.

If you want to treat yourselves to a very good meal in a beautiful setting go to Cafe Matisse and get an outside table.

Atmosphere arguably as good as Graycliff, with better food in my opinion.

Surprised Lyford Cay hasn't been mentioned. Been there a bunch of times in various boats and I like it. West side, can marginally walk to a supermarket, has fuel. You can avoid the entire North side panic scene when going there. It's been a number of years, though, and only in the summer. I'll bet it gets more exclusive feeling/pricing in season.

We stayed at Nassau Harbor Club Marina a few years back. My recollection is that it was very convenient for groceries and liquor with a small shopping mall just across the street. A reasonable walk or short taxi ride into town. The marina was in decent shape and not hard to get into. Not sure now but I think there was a pool and a lounge area. Security was fine. And since I am usually cheap (!!) I am thinking the rate was reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom