My new Selene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainSEA

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
TeoraTera
Vessel Make
Selene 80
HI,

I will take delivery of my new Selene 80, the M.Y TeoraTera, by end of March. She is a beautiful 78Ft full displacement, bulbous bow, twin Cummins, Bow and Stern thrusters, Zero speed Stabs and specifically designed for offshore fishing. She will be based in Thailand. I will post photos once available after delivery as well as full specs.

Can't wait to see it but I don't know what zero stabs are?:blush:

Dear Codger2,

Thank you for your post, the boat is equipped with zero speed hydraulic fin stabilisers, ABT TRAC STAR (STabilisation At Rest)

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Welcome. I bet Crusty is scratching the screen yelling "Show Me!!!"

Pictures?

Exterior photo

Attachments

• IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 471
I really like the understated form follows function resistance to ostentatious ‘over the top’ styling flourishes of Selene exteriors :thumb:

HI,

I will take delivery of my new Selene 80, the M.Y TeoraTera, by end of March. She is a beautiful 78Ft full displacement, bulbous bow, twin Cummins, Bow and Stern thrusters, Zero speed Stabs and specifically designed for offshore fishing. She will be based in Thailand. I will post photos once available after delivery as well as full specs.

And welcome aboard my fellow Selene owner, course you probably could call ours a Dink compared to your fine vessel.

Join the Selene Owners group, they would be happy to have you also.

Cheers,

Captain, welcome aboard TF. That's a beautiful boat you've purchased.

I had an opportunity this past summer to be on board Crusty's Selene and was very impressed with the entire boat. Smooth running, lots of room, just an overall great boat.

Exterior photo

Beautiful boat. Congratulations.

We're not in the market, but when we go to boat shows and dream, Selene is one of the few brands that consistently put out a product that grabs me. Very nice.

That is one BIG beautiful craft...congratulations! Will look forward to more...

Very Impressive. And her home port?
Cheers,

That is a lot of exterior flood lighting. beautiful boat.

Beautiful boat, couldn't even find a slip big enough for it in our neck of the woods. Enjoy!

That is a great looking boat, same as a customer's 55 which turns heads everywhere, at least around here. Great fit and finish, very nicely done throughout, great layout inside, outside and top. Nice handling dockside. I like the hull much better than the earlier rounded bottom models. That one is an 08. There is one thing I'd ask for though, and same with a lot of boats, that's better access to things that the builders don't seem to think will matter - wiring, plumbing, even fuel and hydraulic lines are installed during the build with not much consideration how they will be serviced in the future, it isn't a selling point and I guess doesn't matter to the original purchaser that only keeps it for 10 years or so. The 55 needs to have the outside water taps able to be isolated for winters here and its impossible to do without serious tearing into things that are permanently built. I upgraded radars on it and thought I might never get the old cables out - I removed them with a come-along and fortunately the new ones were smaller and could be pulled through behind. That said, the boat is still very well done and one of my favorites.

Did I pass the test?

Sorry, didn’t mean it to be offensive or derogatory. Was just agreeing with you.

At rest active Stabilizers are fairly new and are supposed to be as effective or better than flopper stoppers. Saw these a year or two on a large Nordy. His were run off the Generator which had a take off to run the hydraulic system.
Lots of working parts. But pretty sweet set up.

Sorry, didn’t mean it to be offensive or derogatory. Was just agreeing with you.

At rest active Stabilizers are fairly new and are supposed to be as effective or better than flopper stoppers. Saw these a year or two on a large Nordy. His were run off the Generator which had a take off to run the hydraulic system.

I laughed when you first responded. IF anyone offends me, I will take it private.

I'm adding my 'welcome aboard'. What a beautiful craft. Your yacht may well be the queen of the TF fleet. Please post more pictures, and give us an update on how the 0 stabs work out.

I'm adding my 'welcome aboard'. What a beautiful craft. Your yacht may well be the queen of the TF fleet. Please post more pictures, and give us an update on how the 0 stabs work out.

Agreed!! Maybe the most expensive TF members vessel??

Last edited:

We've used them since 2014 and been very pleased. Similarly run with a PTO.

Agree...even Steve Harvey couldn't screw that up!

Very nice boat, or should I say ship. Where are your fishing grounds, and what are the target species?

That is a lot of exterior flood lighting. beautiful boat.

Welcome aboard CaptSea, she's a real beaut! Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the "flood lighting" actually a pirate deterrent system? Seeing that your home port will be in Thailand, I can understand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom