My area ( in Newfoundland )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great footage and a very interesting area Elwin. Thanks for posting the link.* Have you read Farley Mowatt's The Boat Who Wouldn't Float?

Ya thought it was interesting also. I think they could have done a little better job but it wasn't meant to be a tourism clip. There is lots of potential in the area for great yacht clubs with activites to boot but for as long as boating been around in NL the pleasure boating piece is only now getting started.

Nope, can't say that I have however know of the book.

Elwin

I might like it more if you were the photographer.

Elwin, Farley Mowatt's book The Boat Who Wouldn't Float is recomended reading expecially for someone from Newfoundland. I'd say it is recomended reading for anyone who has an interest in boats and a good yarn.

Haha.. ya Dan I guess ah?

He was at my sisters one time for dinner when I visited and I told him then I would get one of his books but just never got around to it.. the intent was always there but just didn't.

I just reread the book and I enjoyed it as much or more than I did when I read it 30 years ago. Kind of like reading Patrick McManus books.

Ocean Breeze NL wrote:
My neck of the woods or should I say water..

http://www.powerboattv.com/view-content/26/2010-Season-Episode-2.html

Elwin
Elwin - Thanks for great video review of Newfoundland Canada on the*Atlantic.* Last time I cruised up that way from LI*NY was with my dad in early 60's; I was in bout*5th grade.* I've been on the Pacific in*SF Bay and Delta region since 1984.* Spent a few years in Penobscott Bay, Maine, in*early to mid 70's.* Happy boating in that beautiful water/country! - Art

You know the world is so small these days Art that we just may cross paths in the weirdest place.... some Walmart in Florida somewhere haha. One great thing about forums like this is it even makes it even smaller. Anyone who lives in isolation now-a-days is because they try hard to do so.

Elwin

Back
Top Bottom