Mounting a New Anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dswizzler

Vessel Name
Delta Swizzler
Vessel Make
1988 58' Vantare
Almost plugged the trigger the other day on a 100lb Manson anchor, until I realized it will not work with my bow pulpit. Has anyone figured out how to make this work ? Could I add an stainless steel anchor roller on the starboard side ?
IMAG0468.jpg

I'd like to upgrade the anchor with rebuilding the whole boat ? Ideas ?

Thanks,

Delta Swizzler

Check out the Manson Boss Anchor. It was designed to solve the mounting problem. Howard

How about making a custom cradle on the underside of the pulpit to allow the anchor to 'seat' and stabilize below the platform securely. I suspect the arc and the top of the plow would make contact below the platform.

One advantage might be that the anchor will self deploy when lowered rather than being kicked off the platform to begin the deployment process.

Last edited:
I have seen a few boats where someone fabricated an extension to accommodate a Rocna. When I got the boat, I considered that but never got around to it, just kept my Delta since it served me so well in hundreds of anchorings; the Delta would have also benefitted some from the modification, but I invested the money (for the extra expense of the Rocna and/or the fab) in diesel fuel.

I made an anchor mock up out of doorskin (thin plywood) from a template downloaded off of Rocna's website to see if the anchor we eventually bought would fit our roller. It did fit. The mock up would have been useful, even if it had not fit our current roller, for setting up and positioning a new roller. Does Manson have such templates?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom