Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #21
Guru
 
bobofthenorth's Avatar
 
City: Cowichan Bay, BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Gray Hawk
Vessel Model: Defever 43 Offshore Cruiser
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 570
I'm in Plumper Cove, across from Gibsons. Not another soul here either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130202_191537.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	16329
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
R.J.(Bob) Evans
www.rjevans.org
www.travellingwithgeorge.blogspot.com
bobofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
Guru
 
City: coos bay
Country: usa
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,203
Geez Marin, from the pictures i see posted of the San Jaun's the water is always flatter than a filled bath tub with no one in it. I see the attraction now, its a Freud thing. Your attracted to the flacid quiet waters because it takes you back to the time when you were a teeny tiny aspiring boater playing in the tub with your toy boat. Remember how you used to make splashes sometimes? Guess that comes out when you open her up.............
__________________

__________________
Britt
bfloyd4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #23
Guru
 
City: coos bay
Country: usa
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthenorth View Post
I'm in Plumper Cove, across from Gibsons. Not another soul here either.

Attachment 16329
this is today?

Everytime I have been up there the water has always been calm. Enticeing isnt it?
__________________
Britt
bfloyd4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #24
Guru
 
bobofthenorth's Avatar
 
City: Cowichan Bay, BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Gray Hawk
Vessel Model: Defever 43 Offshore Cruiser
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
this is today?
Everytime I have been up there the water has always been calm. Enticeing isnt it?
I took the photo and made the post - so yes, today. Its usually pretty sheltered here but I've seen the bar at Gibsons so lumpy that you could see the waves on the depth finder. Sometimes you get wakes reflected here in the cove but in that case I'll tie up on one of the inside fingers so the dock takes some of the bump out of the water. I'd be in False Creek now but the mainland was fogged in solid this afternoon and Gibsons was in the clear.
__________________
R.J.(Bob) Evans
www.rjevans.org
www.travellingwithgeorge.blogspot.com
bobofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #25
Guru
 
City: coos bay
Country: usa
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthenorth View Post
I took the photo and made the post - so yes, today. Its usually pretty sheltered here but I've seen the bar at Gibsons so lumpy that you could see the waves on the depth finder. Sometimes you get wakes reflected here in the cove but in that case I'll tie up on one of the inside fingers so the dock takes some of the bump out of the water. I'd be in False Creek now but the mainland was fogged in solid this afternoon and Gibsons was in the clear.
GRRRR..... I'm sitting here doing taxes and your out there in God's world enjoying the day.....waves on the DP while your anchored? Kind of neat, never have noticed that myself but then i never anchor next to a bar<smile>.....
Thank you for sharing. God bless
__________________
Britt
bfloyd4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #26
Scraping Paint
 
City: -
Country: -
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
Geez Marin, from the pictures i see posted of the San Jaun's the water is always flatter than a filled bath tub with no one in it.
When it's rough and windy and raining-- which is most of the time of course-- I'm not usually enticed to take any photos since that's what we experience most of the time. Days like today are rare so I tend to get the camera out.

Like no one bothers to take pictures of the squirrels in their yard because they're a dime a dozen, but if a wolverine wanders through you go for the camera.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #27
Guru
 
City: coos bay
Country: usa
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
When it's rough and windy and raining-- which is most of the time of course-- I'm not usually enticed to take any photos since that's what we experience most of the time. Days like today are rare so I tend to get the camera out.

Like no one bothers to take pictures of the squirrels in their yard because they're a dime a dozen, but if a wolverine wanders through you go for the camera.
.....Aint that the truth. We make images of the good things and only accidentally take pictures of the mudane depressing things. But Marin, storms are beautiful and they give us so much. I've been taking videos of breakers over bars lately with none of them realy doing justice to the actual event. I'll keep trying till i get er right
__________________
Britt
bfloyd4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #28
Scraping Paint
 
City: -
Country: -
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post

But Marin, storms are beautiful and they give us so much.
I agree. Here is a shot I took last year up the north end of Vancouver Island where we go halibut fishing. Not a terrible day but windy and rainy nevertheless and it kept all of us in the harbor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2652907918.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	16332
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #29
Guru
 
City: coos bay
Country: usa
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,203
Makes one think of aq nice warm cabin and a nice cup of Safari Nandi tea with a touch of honey.........
__________________

__________________
Britt
bfloyd4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012