Old 02-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #21
Guru

City: Cowichan Bay, BC
Vessel Name: Gray Hawk
Vessel Model: Defever 43 Offshore Cruiser
I'm in Plumper Cove, across from Gibsons. Not another soul here either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130202_191537.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	16329

bobofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
Guru

City: coos bay
Geez Marin, from the pictures i see posted of the San Jaun's the water is always flatter than a filled bath tub with no one in it. I see the attraction now, its a Freud thing. Your attracted to the flacid quiet waters because it takes you back to the time when you were a teeny tiny aspiring boater playing in the tub with your toy boat. Remember how you used to make splashes sometimes? Guess that comes out when you open her up.............

Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #23
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthenorth View Post
I'm in Plumper Cove, across from Gibsons. Not another soul here either.

Attachment 16329
this is today?

Everytime I have been up there the water has always been calm. Enticeing isnt it?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #24
Guru

City: Cowichan Bay, BC
Vessel Name: Gray Hawk
Vessel Model: Defever 43 Offshore Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
this is today?
Everytime I have been up there the water has always been calm. Enticeing isnt it?
I took the photo and made the post - so yes, today. Its usually pretty sheltered here but I've seen the bar at Gibsons so lumpy that you could see the waves on the depth finder. Sometimes you get wakes reflected here in the cove but in that case I'll tie up on one of the inside fingers so the dock takes some of the bump out of the water. I'd be in False Creek now but the mainland was fogged in solid this afternoon and Gibsons was in the clear.
bobofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #25
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthenorth View Post
I took the photo and made the post - so yes, today. Its usually pretty sheltered here but I've seen the bar at Gibsons so lumpy that you could see the waves on the depth finder. Sometimes you get wakes reflected here in the cove but in that case I'll tie up on one of the inside fingers so the dock takes some of the bump out of the water. I'd be in False Creek now but the mainland was fogged in solid this afternoon and Gibsons was in the clear.
GRRRR..... I'm sitting here doing taxes and your out there in God's world enjoying the day.....waves on the DP while your anchored? Kind of neat, never have noticed that myself but then i never anchor next to a bar<smile>.....
Thank you for sharing. God bless
Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #26
Scraping Paint

City: -
Quote:
Geez Marin, from the pictures i see posted of the San Jaun's the water is always flatter than a filled bath tub with no one in it.
When it's rough and windy and raining-- which is most of the time of course-- I'm not usually enticed to take any photos since that's what we experience most of the time. Days like today are rare so I tend to get the camera out.

Like no one bothers to take pictures of the squirrels in their yard because they're a dime a dozen, but if a wolverine wanders through you go for the camera.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #27
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
When it's rough and windy and raining-- which is most of the time of course-- I'm not usually enticed to take any photos since that's what we experience most of the time. Days like today are rare so I tend to get the camera out.

Like no one bothers to take pictures of the squirrels in their yard because they're a dime a dozen, but if a wolverine wanders through you go for the camera.
.....Aint that the truth. We make images of the good things and only accidentally take pictures of the mudane depressing things. But Marin, storms are beautiful and they give us so much. I've been taking videos of breakers over bars lately with none of them realy doing justice to the actual event. I'll keep trying till i get er right
Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #28
Scraping Paint

City: -
Quote:

But Marin, storms are beautiful and they give us so much.
I agree. Here is a shot I took last year up the north end of Vancouver Island where we go halibut fishing. Not a terrible day but windy and rainy nevertheless and it kept all of us in the harbor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2652907918.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	16332
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #29
Guru

Makes one think of aq nice warm cabin and a nice cup of Safari Nandi tea with a touch of honey.........