Old 11-23-2017, 06:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Tarpon Springs, Fl.
Vessel Name: Makin Memories
Vessel Model: 1987 41' President
More than thankful on Thanksgiving

Jean and I are very thankful this season as we are nearing the grand depart of January 6th. The planned repairs and preparations for Makin Memories are almost completed. The swim platform turned out very well with only the ladder from the aft deck to the platform left to add. We finished the inverter install yesterday with the addition of new house batteries, switches, combiners, alternators, and starter. We beefed up the wiring, and then tested the entire system with great results. The eisenglass for the flying bridge will be replaced in a week or so and minor fiberglass work here and there, and we can then check off the last of the items. Our thanks go out to Doug Bruce of Custom Boat Work for creating the perfect swim platform, Dave and his crew at Pitman's Yacht Service for all their outstanding work performed on Makin Memories during haul out and to Louie and Shane with Louie's Marine Electrical for their electrical genius in helping bring Makin Memories up to date, safer, and more livable for the Great Loop.

MakinMemories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:54 AM   #2
Guru

City: Punta Gorda, fl
Vessel Name: Escapade
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37 2002
And the grand departure is taking you to what destinations?
Pgitug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

We are beginning the Great Loop in January. Heading south and hanging out in the Keys till it warms a little and then heading up the eastern seaboard towards Nova Scotia.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
Guru

City: Solomons, MD
Vessel Name: Branwen
Vessel Model: Hatteras 48 LRC
Keep us posted and good luck with getting ready for and executing your adventure!

Which inverter did you install? (If you've mentioned it elsewhere, just point me.)
GregBrannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I installed a Xantrex Freedom SW 2012 with a Xanbus System Control Panel (SCP). This is our first experience with an inverter and we believe it will help living aboard and anchoring out more pleasant. There are a few things left on our list (aren't there always!) to complete, but essentially we are ready to move on late December and cast off (wx and mechanical permitting) January 6th.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #6
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMemories View Post
We are beginning the Great Loop in January. Heading south and hanging out in the Keys till it warms a little and then heading up the eastern seaboard towards Nova Scotia.
If you happen to be transiting L I Sound in late May, let me know. We are berthed in Mystic, Ct and should be there just prior to Mem Day weekend. We can offer some assistance/support if you need it.
jleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:26 PM   #7
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
You've been busy! That's quite a list of upgrades just before departure. Sounds like it was done right by professionals.

Best of luck on your adventures. Keep us posted on your progress and system performance.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #8
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Man you are late, thanksgiving was 1 month ago

L
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:04 AM   #9

City: Washington
Best of luck on your loop adventure. Yes, an inverter makes anchoring overnight much more doable, especially if you have a microwave.
aboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:35 PM   #10
Guru

City: Sharon, Ma
Vessel Name: Slow Lane
Vessel Model: 2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
Nice. Good luck. And don't come to the frozen tundras of New England until June. Okay, I'm exaggerating. May 31st.....

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
South of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:04 PM   #11

City: Cruising North Towards Boston
Vessel Name: Lemon Drops
Vessel Model: 2001 Grand Banks Europa 52
MakinMemmories & Loopers, as you transit the Hudson River in NY, be sure to visit the marina where we are located. We're 20 miles south of Albany at New Baltimore at Shady Harbor Marina and we welcome Loopers. As my wife and I approach our retirement we are always looking for advice from Loopers. Visit General's Quarters (2005 Mainship Aft Cabin 430) on South Dock and we'll make an evening of sharing tips.

Jim
jimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:27 PM   #12
Guru

City: NARBONNE
Vessel Name: 'Snow Mouse.'
Vessel Model: BROOM FLYBRIDGE 42.
'Beware of the man who dreams in the day for his dreams come true' T.S Lawrence (of Arabia).
The very best of Irish Luck to you on your adventures, may the sun always shine on your face and the wind always be on your back.
Fair winds and safe harbours.
Irish Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote