Missing Firefighters Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many years ago a friend of mine went out on his boat and was never seen again, Boat was found a few days later with his blood inside it. His wife collected the large life insurance policy after the number of years passed required by law when a body is never found. Skip about 20 years and he is seen in Rio with his girlfriend of prewife days. It seems he had someone take him off his boat and sent the boat to the Bahamas with the engine running.
Scott, I have some friends who are PJs and some of their rescue stories send chills down my spine. Some is science, some will, some luck and some God’s will.
A friend of mine was fishing off Key Biscayne at night, anchored up mutton fishing. They caught their fish and were ready to come in but fouled the anchor on the outboard. Took waves over the stern and got off the boat, found their cooler and used it to swim to shore. Life jackets were in the bow and they couldn’t get to them.

Glad I am not your friend!!! :eek:

Menzies. I agree. I have many friends in all different fields some are in safe professions some are not, some are smart others not so smart. When I think back on my life I wonder why I’m still alive.

Best not to be my friend I guess. :)

Menzies. I agree. I have many friends in all different fields some are in safe professions some are not, some are smart others not so smart. When I think back on my life I wonder why I’m still alive.

Best not to be my friend I guess. :)

Just busting your chops! :D

I know, I’ve got big chops.

They didn't have a visa and passport so they could 'land'?

Whatever happened to the program to use pigeons to scan the sea surface?

My friend drowned them when he was forced to land in the water. Think that was back in the early 80s in Hawaii.

Tough to live up to the nickname "pigeon killer". :D

Budget cuts I think was the real reason the program "died".....:socool:

My friend drowned them when he was forced to land in the water. Think that was back in the early 80s in Hawaii.

Tough to live up to the nickname "pigeon killer". :D

Budget cuts I think was the real reason the program "died".....:socool:

Did they taste, 'just like chicken'?

The pigeons were in a cage on the bottom of an amphibious helicopter.

How were they employed? Peck a button for some bird feed if they saw something?

each had a quadrant...peck if they saw orange...rewarded with feed....

at least that's they way I heard it.

Actually the pigeons were there in case the coasties had to ditch, they could prepare a wonderful meal of squab under glass. Ops, sorry wrong bird.

Back
Top Bottom