I've done minimalist live-aboard boating before on power boats from 23' to 37'... in two to three month time spans. Tain't rocket science to stay on the low-flow cash trajectory
1. Anchor out 95% + of time.
2. Have good o/b dink to get to shore / marina... etc
3. Shop in grocery stores and stock plenty non refrigerated foods
4. Cruise boat at most economical speed
5. Pump out while getting fuel
6. Laundry in water you're anchored or marina washer/dryer via dink
7. Drink plenty good water - not expensive fo-fo stuff
8. Have a Blast!
As long as your boat is in good condition and no major breakdown happens... cruising can be accomplished on a low-flow cash trajectory
Happy Economical-Cruise Daze! - Art