Marine Weather App Gone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xraycharlie

Veteran Member
I had a very good marine weather app that I used for years from Accuweather (blue icon with an anchor) and then it started to say "no data for this area" or something like that so I deleted it figuring I would just reinstall it but it's no longer on the Apple app store.

Does anyone know if this app is still available or what a good alternative is?

Thanks!

It's gone. I asked and they said it had to do with changes in the source data. (?) They implied they're working on a replacement. My feedback to them was that a similar replacement would be welcome.

You might take the time to use their support/feedback system to say the same thing; might be a sign for them of decent demand, etc.

In the meantime, the exact same forecasts are available from their source, NOAA/NWS... just takes some clicking to get to the area you're after. When it's your normal cruising area, just save as a web bookmark, not difficult. The Accuweather app was much easier when it came to traveling, though, as we transited through the various NOAA/NWS forecast areas...

-Chris

Last edited:
I noticed the same absence a few weeks ago.
I have been using "PredictWind" for the past month here in Florida and it seems pretty good.
In a week I'll be trying it in LI sound and see how accurate it is

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom