Marine Surveyor in Seattle with eye for liveaboard issues.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soulshine

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
"Mollie"
Vessel Make
1977 Davis Defever 42
Good morning all. After a year of research and looking at too many boats to count, my wife and I have finally had a boat find us. :flowers: Now having found her, I need a good Surveyor in the Seattle/ Port Townsend area that has an eye for issues facing full time live aboards. You guys/gals have given me soooo much useful information this past year that I figured this was the only place I needed to post this question. Thanks for any help and please continue to share your knowledge and experiences with me and the other newbies lurking around.

Port Townsend Marine Survey. Capt. Alian Vilage, AMS, very through and professional.

Thanks MT. That was quick...You guys are really on the ball around here. :)

Try Reisner, McEwen & Associates. They've done two surveys for me. Very thorough work and a great survey report.

ONLY YOU can decide what you call liveaboard issues.

A dock queen can be a delightful home/lifestyle , but the choice of systems , the split between dock side and out cruising is something only you can decide.

A standby battery for an emergency bilge pump , rather than a house bank full of limited service life batts , would be one example.

Refrigeration and heat choices would be another.

William D. Evans
Accredited Marine Surveyor
Blue Water Marine Surveys
2415 132nd Avenue, SE
Bellevue, Washington 98005
206-932-2415 -O
wmevans_ams430@yahoo.com Specialty:Yachts, Small Craft

He has surveyed 3 boats that I was purchasing and Reisner, McEwen & Associates surveyed one that I was selling. Like them both and thought the reports were accurate.

Thank you all. I'm going to call those listed above today and check scheduling.

All excellent surveyors. Might want to add a mechanical surveyor to your list- Kevin Ambrose at Diesel Systems LLC.

Agreed, Bill Evans is top notch..he did 2 of my boats in Seattle, great guy, very very patient and knows his boats, reasonable fees. Can't go wrong with him.

Back
Top Bottom