Making Way With Mast installed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishown

Here is a pic of mast installed....thanks for all your ideas!

Mark

Attachments

• img_0053.jpg
    img_0053.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 86
Delfin wrote:

Cool.
Yes, and it reminds me of a stand pipe for loading bunker C fuel into an oil-fired railroad locomotive's tender.* Double cool.

232323232%7Ffp537%3B6%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D34365%3B7%3A78336nu0mrj

-- Edited by markpierce on Monday 14th of March 2011 10:32:59 PM

phishown wrote:

Here is a pic of mast installed....thanks for all your ideas!

Mark
Besides holding the radome *what else do you use it for?

With a cross tie at the top you could have*stand *for a set of Paravane stabelizers

By the way I like the looks of you boat what kind is it.

*Nice shear line and that rounded off transom. Sweet.

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 02:08:34 PM

The boat is a Monterey Clipper built in Moss Landing California. *It is Fiberglass unlike most older Clippers. *I plan on putting the paravanes on outriggers that will be mounted to base of the mast on rotating mounts. *The only problem I see is the offset of the mast by 18" to the starb side will take some calculating the length of the outriggers to offset this. *I attached a better pic of the mast to get an idea.

Attachments

• img_0043-1.jpg
    img_0043-1.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 96
  • img_0045-1.jpg
    img_0045-1.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 93
I really do like that hull design.**Is she laid up glass or glass over wood? the cabin looks to be wood.

It should not really be an issue. for the paravanes**
All You will need is a cross member to allow the poles to slot into when raised and stowed.**You just make one side 18' Longer than the other. I will take some pic's of my set up.
They sure are nice to have when the sea's kick up.***

SD

The hull is glass and the superstructure is glass over wood. I would definately like to see a pic of your paravane setup. *Thanks for the compliment.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom